GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default What should be my next mod?

Hey Guys, just joined the site today and was wondering if I could get some advice for my next mod on my 04' Silverado 5.3L. I installed a S & B intake about a month ago and now i'm looking at either a programmer or dual exhaust. I have a couple buddies with true dual magnaflow exhaust which I really like, great sound. Let me know what you think as far as the next step I should take, thanks!

I think you will see a little more of a change if you go with the programmer but at the same time if you go with true duals through some long tube headers you will really let that motor breath but it all depends on how much $$$$ you have to spend on mods...........

Sr. Apprentice

I'm looking to spend around $500

Exhaust Should be around $300-$400 and Hypertech has a nice programmer for about $380.
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs

I'd say toss up between the two. Both are good basic performance upgrades.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

if u leave everything about the exhaust stock and just replace the muffler you should be able to get both a programmer and a 40 series flowmaster installed @ meineke. the muffler alone wont be a real performance increase but it will sound great. then down the road you can add headers, remove or replace the cats, etc..
    SUPPORT THE NRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sr. Apprentice

I think i'm going to be going with the cat-back magnaflow exhaust because I love the way it sounds. Now I just have to decide whether to go with the dual out behind the tires or just the bigger single pipe out the side??
    04' Silverado LT 5.3L w/ S & B intake, Banks Monster Exhaust Cat-back 3" to 5" Tip

i personally like the look of 1 bigger pipe instead of 2 smaller ones side by side each other.
    unless you go duals(1 on each side of truck)
    but it is your truck so its upto you..unless you already did it of course
    2004 Silverado Crew Cab-z71-4x4-5.3-100k+ miles-KN FIPK Stage 2 CAI-Flowmaster 40 muffler w/ dual tip-Apline deck/alpine amp, Pioneer components front/Pioneer Back/2x10" MTX Subs under rear seat-Cooper ST tires