GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Hi All. I had this problem cured by the dealer last December and it hasn't re-appeared. Since all I was able to do is read the code but not trouble shoot the problem I had to take it to a dealer in the end. I replaced the part specified in the code however this did not cure the code and it kept re-setting the same code. Unfortunatly when I took the vehicle to the dealer it was like Cristmas eve and I was unable to get an explanation as to why a diferent part (the tank pressure switch) cured this particular code. What is confusing to me is there is a code for the tank preasure switch however this code never set. I can understand anybody having frustration with this problem. I wish I had the dealer inside info on what was really wrong with mine as this probably could help somebody. Thanks for the help. Rick.....

I thought I would bump this thread up a little bit. Very good conversation going on here with lots of good data.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

This continues to be one of the most popular threads on the site! How about a +1 if you liked this thread and got something out of it?

Sr. Apprentice

thanks man !!!!!!!!!!

I have 2001 2500hd w/ P0446 showing. Only the second thing to ever go wrong with my truck. Gonna try this on my truck. Thanks

I also have this code (P0446) and will try to blow the filter out. This is the only code so far to have ever popped up (knock on wood)...

2005 Z71
    Chiz

I had this code with my truck. It got so bad that I was having a difficult time pumping gas, it would go 50 cents, kick off, another 50 cents, kick off... I tried cleaning out the "bucket" and the hose with no luck. I ended up getting the replacement part for $70 and doing the fix myself. Easy install, so if anyone has any questions let me know.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Hey, I came across this thread and it is full of useful information. I too have the error code p04406, and am trying to fix it on my own to avoid the dealer. I was able to locate what I think is the valve I'm after. I located the charcoal canister on the rear of the fuel tank, and There was a solenoid attached to the side of it. Is this what I need to clean and or replace for my vent valve to be able to operate properly, or do I need to trace that heater hose vent line farther up to find what I'm supposed to be looking for?

http://imgur.com/xbNkT - This is the solenoid that was attached to the side of the canister, is this what I need to blow out with an air hose?
    http://imgur.com/dgrBE - This is what the connection end of the heater hose that comes from this solenoid looks like. Do I need to trace this farther up to find what I'm looking for?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have o7 nnbs pu
    pic of back of gas tank
    I think it was $90 for the new solenoid

what truck do you have.
    take a pic with the solenoid on the truck.
    the filter is on the other in of the hose
    try you tube
    Last edited by wayned; 07-16-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by