GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: window buttons

Default window buttons

front side driver and passenger buttons are not illuminated,are there individual lights or some other mechanism. they work fine, but it bugs the crap out of me. possibly a fuse? Thanks
    Mark-Texas
    2002 Chevy Suburban LS 2WD

have you checked the fuses?
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

L.E.D.'s in switches are fried, replace switches an all should be golden. Sorry but the lights are not serviced seperately.

Your online parts dept guy, Dave
    PROUD OWNER SINCE SEPT. '06
    '90 V2500 SUBURBAN
    5.7L/TH400 241NP T.CASE
    3:73 GEARS
    NO A.C....YET
    PWR W installed summer of '07
    PWR D/L installed summer of '07
    PWR MIRRORS installed summer of '07
    TILT WHEEL installed April '08
    C.C. installed Oct '08
    NO THIRD ROW SEAT....EVER!!!
    Updated power mirrors to include turnsignals and heated glass MARCH 2010
    TAILGATE W/PWR REAR GLASS W/DEFROSTER
    REAR HEAT
    TINTED WINDOWS & LENSES May '07
    LOCATION; ANCHORAGE, ALASKA

Legend

Blog Entries

Would highly doubt a fuse is the culprit. To my knowledge there are no fuses that control just the lights in the passenger and rear window switches. I would pull the switches and check for power. Work your way back from there. If you want to avoid the hassle, pick yourself up a switch from a salvage yard. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks. Plug it in and see if it works. I'm not sure if the plugs are the same... I think they are... might want to pop the rear passenger switch and swap out the rear driver to see if the ligts work then. If they do, you'll have to replace switches.

Good luck,
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Thanks for the info. But how do I access the individual switches? I don't see a way to. No screws to access the guts. How do I go about retrieving the switches to test? I just don't want to mess anything up in the process. I would appreciate any more advice.

Thanks Garagegoon. That is extremely helpful. Just what i needed! Pictures are better than a thousand words. Will try to get it done within the next couple of days, and reply on how things turned out. Thanks again.

LOL, 4 year old thread.

But hey, the lights went out on my door switches years ago. I might pick up some new switches soon.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    LOL, 4 year old thread.

But hey, the lights went out on my door switches years ago. I might pick up some new switches soon.
    I am sure that it would not be all that hard to take them apart and replace the bulbs. I did it to my steering wheel controls. I think that all 8 bulbs cost me less than $8

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I am sure that it would not be all that hard to take them apart and replace the bulbs. I did it to my steering wheel controls. I think that all 8 bulbs cost me less than $8
    Yeah, I already took apart my doors back in December when installed new stereo speakers. I didn't think about the button lights then but it wasn't difficult to take it all apart. Those little button lights just aren't near the top of my lengthy "to do" list.