GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and lifting your truck is like making up for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BGerrits View Post
    lowering a truck is like breast reduction.
    if a truck is 4wd then you lift it, but if it's 2wd then you lower it. I love lifted trucks, but in my opinion it's pointless to lift a 2wd. So I will be lowering mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    if a truck is 4wd then you lift it, but if it's 2wd then you lower it. I love lifted trucks, but in my opinion it's pointless to lift a 2wd. So I will be lowering mine.
    I dont really agree with that. My truck is a Z71 and I just ordered a Bell Tek 2 inch drop for it. Of course I didnt have a choice on the truck. I would have got a 2wd. My dad gave it to me in 2006 and Ive used the 4 wheel drive 1 time. I would remove the 4 wheel drive if it was worth it. I have no interest in 4 wheel drive. I like to keep my truck clean and pretty. No mud for me.
    2004 Silverado
    Ram Air Hood
    Land Rover Headlight Grill Conversion
    Euro LED taillights
    Street Scene roll pan with billet inserts
    Keyston front bumper cover
    Boss 333 24" Wheels on 295/35/24 Nitto 420s tires
    Airaid Cold air induction
    Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
    Jet power control module
    Gaylord TL Series with the Speedstur wing
    7" Kenwood Touchscreen Dvd in Dash
    VDI 45 degree Lambo doors
    2/2 Belltech lowering spindles and shackles with beltech lowering shocks
    Mcgaughy 2 inch lowering leaf springs

Quote Originally Posted by silveradfo24's View Post
    I dont really agree with that. My truck is a Z71 and I just ordered a Bell Tek 2 inch drop for it. Of course I didnt have a choice on the truck. I would have got a 2wd. My dad gave it to me in 2006 and Ive used the 4 wheel drive 1 time. I would remove the 4 wheel drive if it was worth it. I have no interest in 4 wheel drive. I like to keep my truck clean and pretty. No mud for me.
    that's just my opinion. Which is doesn't really matter because in the end we all payed for our trucks with our own money. So we will do whatever we want to do to them.

I had a lowered silverado 2000 5.7 it looked really good had it all shaved up and big wheels but I had a problem with warranty my charcoal canister broke and they said they wouldn't cover it and the dumb thing is I bought the truck from the dealer that way way I really should have dealt with things differently but I was only 19 and didn't think about it... anyways the reason I am posting this is I wanted to let you know my truck really started giving me problems at about 105000 the u-joints broke every two weeks my gears stripped so I got my driveshaft aligned and got heavy duty gears and the problems still came so I got rid of it and bought another silverado and left it stock its the best decision I've made I know its cool having custom trucks but I would only have one if it were a secondary car or truck right now I have a 2003 silverado and own a 1987 silverado which I'm restoring and a 1961 MGA I'm restoring I also have a 1992 f-150 I use for work I love chevys and if you don't mess with them they last a lot longer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12