GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Anyone know if Chevrolet makes a new RWD car?

HI All,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Chevrolet still made a full sized RWD sedan. Besides trucks and Corvettes?

Joe Flash

I don't think so, but according to this article written last year there might be 2 in the works:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6231750/...dan/index.html
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

Legend

no they dont and dont ever expect to see another one again, even though there have been talks, with the eceonmy and the CAFE standards they just cant afford to take the risk of another RWD sedan, unless you live in the middle east, out there they still have a Lumina but it is a rebadged Pontiac G8
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Going along with the middle east area but they do have the Caprice still... I think. I'm not even sure if they were RWD though so correct me if I am wrong.

2007 Silverado Z71

Before:
    1995 Caprice 9C1
    1989 Caprice 9C1

Wasn't the GTO RWD. Do they still make them?
    Robert
    2000 Chevy Silverado LS Ext. Cab 5.3 2wd.
    -ChromeIntakes CAI
    -Single Inlet/Duel Outlet Flowmaster 2.25" Pass. Side Exit
    -20% Tint on Front Doors
    1997 Suzuki TL1000S
    2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1
    1997 Honda CBR600F3
    1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ SECA

Plumbers and Pipefitters Kansas L.U. 441
    5th. Yr. Apprentice

yea the new gto is but thats a pontiac. the only vehicle i know coming out that will be rwd is the new camaro if it does come out.
    Casey Clark
    Currently Arizona
    Soon Idaho
    1996 CHEVY K1500 Z71
    Front end collision
    145000 miles about

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thatjerk01 View Post
    yea the new gto is but thats a pontiac. the only vehicle i know coming out that will be rwd is the new camaro if it does come out.
    Yeah the Camaro's coming out in early 2010, but your not going to like this part. At it's unveiling it will only be available in a V-6 version (BOO!), I was really hoping that the rumors of dropping that fat 7.0 with the magna charger were going to be true. The way I look at it is, if you want gas mileage go buy a Cobalt, or Malibu or even an Impala! There are still some die hard Chevy racing fans out there like myself, that don't give a damn about the gas prices and want a REAL competitor to the Dodge Challenger! I will wait until they finally get their head out of their ass, and make a good example that American Muscle still lives on! USA, USA!!!!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

once the economy gets better they will put the big boy in there. problem is they have a percentage on how many vehicles get a certain gas mileage and above of there total amount sold.

Quote Originally Posted by thatjerk01 View Post
    That's right. For some reason I was thinking just GM but you said Chevrolet. Duh.

I just dont understand why Chevy did not keep a few RWD cars. Ford still has the Crown Vic and the Police depts seem to favor the RWD cars. I dont think the FWD cars can take the beating (for a service vehicle) like RWD. The local county Sheriffs dept went to Impalas but are now switching back to the Crown Vics because of transmission problems. My friend has an 07 Impala SS with the V8 engine. I think its a nice car but better hold onto that steering wheel on hard take off or you can lose control.

Joe Flash

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by