GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default aftermarket tire pressure sensor

My 2008 Silverado has tire pressure sensors, but the information isn't available to me unless I subscribe to Onstar. Is there an aftermarket system that can tell me my tire pressures?

Jr. Apprentice

im assuming that your truck didnt come with the DIC buttons on the left side of the dash because if it did, the readout on the dash could display your psi at each tire. you can put in the buttons for like $100 if so inclined like i did. plus you get mpg, trip timer, and be able to change a bunch of settings like the auto door locks. worth it in my opinion
    Last edited by pmpddyd1; 02-22-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. My truck is a 2LT , not the luxury model. Where can I get a set of buttons? Is it a kit?

my first truck was either was a WT and it had the DIC. my new truck has the DIC too, but neither of them hathe tire pressure monitor thing.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

I have a 2008 silverado. I am trying to find out what frequency and what type of data is transmitted from the sensors. I want to be able to see the pressures in each tire.
    Terry S

Default Schrader Makes Them

Schrader Electronics is the OE manufacturer of the sensors in your wheels. It was either made in Springfield, TN, or more likely for a 2008 Northern Ireland. Here is information on an aftermarket readout:

http://www.schrader-bridgeport.com/i...=37&Itemid=112

This kit comes with 4 new sensors, likely exactly what you have in the vehicle. They are OE quality. I don't know if you can get the readout separate, or what you need to do to get it to work with your system, you'll have to investigate further.

r_w
    www.novitatech.com

Nearly a year after my original post...
    The DIC upgrade now advertised on this site is just what I was looking for. Got it for Christmas. It took more than 5 minutes to install, but less than 30. I would have been happy w/ just the switch and a mounting bracket for a third of the price, but this unit appears to be OEM.
    I am getting spoiled w/ technology. I don't have to turn on/off my lights, can blink the turn signals w/ just a touch, and now I can see my tire pressures w/o taking off the caps. Nice.