GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: please help me

Default please help me

I have a superchips cortex programer. I was wondering if a custom tune would be better than the superchips setting that is in the tuner. Also i would like to get a custom tune done on the truck to get the most power out of it i can. Any suggestions will help.

From what I have seen, custom tunes will generally give you better performance. Provided that the tuner knows what they are doing.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

I'm not sure what the extent of the programmer allows for. I do know that if you're not a tuner, or the programmer only uses preset factory tunes, then a custom tune would probably squeeze more gains out of your truck. The down side is that if you do anything to change the way the truck runs, new injectors, exhaust, intake, etc. you will need a new tune. If you live in an area where temperature and humidity changes drastically from season to season (I live in Colorado, so this would apply to me), then you could see problems in the winter if your truck was tuned in the summer, or vice versa.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

thanks for the help

another thing with a programmer some inprint numbers into the computer so it can void factory warranty and the computer has adaptive learn so it learns how u drive well the computer can over throw the programmer. learn around it.
    Casey Clark
    Currently Arizona
    Soon Idaho
    1996 CHEVY K1500 Z71
    Front end collision
    145000 miles about