GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Your Thoughts

Question Your Thoughts

Okay, I am new to the forum just joined.

I am going to be getting a Chevy silverado 2003 ext cab 4x4 with the 5.3l v8, I will be doing performance and exterior mods, I am in high school so money is pretty tight, what should i do first headers, exhuast, cai, performance chip, lift, wheels& tires. Possibly a supercharger after graduation. What exhaust and header combo do you suggest, i was thinking borla headers and cat back exhaust, i want a good deep throughty sound at idle, and when you floor it i want it to sound good not annoying, As for cold air intakes what do you think of banks, performance chips i have no clue what to get. I like rancho lifts i am thinking 4" suspinsion lift. What wheels and tires do you like i want a 18" wheel with a aggresive tire. The truck will be red or white with black window tint. With a chrome billet grill.

Your oppinions are appriciated.

Thanks, Dylan

i have a flowmaster 50 series delta and i love the way it sounds. but i also have high flow cats. umm make sure its a true cold air intake and not just an air intake. i dont know about chips or suspension.
    Casey Clark
    Currently Arizona
    Soon Idaho
    1996 CHEVY K1500 Z71
    Front end collision
    145000 miles about

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHEVY View Post
    Okay, I am new to the forum just joined.

I am going to be getting a Chevy silverado 2003 ext cab 4x4 with the 5.3l v8, I will be doing performance and exterior mods, I am in high school so money is pretty tight, what should i do first headers, exhuast, cai, performance chip, lift, wheels& tires. Possibly a supercharger after graduation. What exhaust and header combo do you suggest, i was thinking borla headers and cat back exhaust, i want a good deep throughty sound at idle, and when you floor it i want it to sound good not annoying, As for cold air intakes what do you think of banks, performance chips i have no clue what to get. I like rancho lifts i am thinking 4" suspinsion lift. What wheels and tires do you like i want a 18" wheel with a aggresive tire. The truck will be red or white with black window tint. With a chrome billet grill.

Your oppinions are appriciated.

Thanks, Dylan
    You're in high school and money is pretty tight but you're buying an '03 4x4 ext cab with the 5.3?
    99 Silverado Z71 4.8
    2" Suspension lift (Add-a-leafs and leveling keys)
    Long tube headers with 3" offroad Y-Pipe
    Volant Cold Air Intake with Ram Air Intake Tube
    Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor
    Diablosport Predator Tuner

Previous Truck:
    97 Suburban K1500
    3" Body lift
    2" Suspension Lift (Add-a-leafs and cranked up torsion bars)
    35" Yokohama M/T's
    K&N Intake
    Airraid Throttle Body Spacer
    Hypertech Programmer
    Dual Flowmasters

Quote Originally Posted by mjalstad View Post
    You're in high school and money is pretty tight but you're buying an '03 4x4 ext cab with the 5.3?
    LOL

I would say go with true duels, with Flowmaster 40s!! it's deep and sounds WONDERFUL when you floor it!!!
    And get a K&N 57 series cold air intake!!

Yeah really.....I had no money in high school and had to ride the "loser cruiser" til the end....

I'm glad your getn the truck. I say pick one project at a time. Just start with what's in your budget, (unless someone else is paying for it, then go full boar)
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

yay christmas! yay birthday! k&n cold air intake, with a throttle body spacer, do some homework on your exhaust system, i would go with longtube headers for performance and sound, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, true duals, high flow cats
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Well i started saving in the sixth grade from everything i could do for money, and finally by the end of this summer i will be able to purchase 1 and i will be doing it in steps, i want to do exhaust first, so when you say true duals do you mean when they come out behind the rear wheels? I was hoping for a complete exhaust kit as i am going to try and do the install myself.

ok all u people that say go long tube header u cant those alter the emissions control devices. its a federal offence. long tube headers are strip only. and the 50 series sounds better then the 40s. everybody compliments my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by thatjerk01 View Post
    ok all u people that say go long tube header u cant those alter the emissions control devices. its a federal offence. long tube headers are strip only. and the 50 series sounds better then the 40s. everybody compliments my truck.

they are that bad? didnt know that. i have shorties on mine, but i still like em. true duals mean headers, cats, an "x" or "h" pipe, muffler(s) and tips. keep all your o2 sensors too

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4075

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3775

What do you think of these setups? It is about half the price of the borla exhaust system.

What about this CAI?

http://bankspower.com/products/show/
    Last edited by 71CHEVY; 02-24-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by