GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Arrow passenger door electrical problem

Greetings.....I have a 2003 Silverado w/ 5.3 L that has an electrical problem, just can't figure out what exactly.
    A while back I noticed the key fobs wouldn't lock or unlock the doors or activate the factory alarm. I then realized the passenger door look wouldn't engage when starting off like the driver door. After further investigation, i realized I had no power window, lock, or mirror on the passenger side. The dome light won't even come on when you open the passenger door. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Legend

Welcome! Sounds like a wire issue getting cut or picnched in the door jam especially since you say the dome light wont come on, there is a hose inside the door jam that contains all the wires look there then start following the wires
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

tried that already with no luck.....any other ideas?

I have the same problems with my 2003 tahoe, can't figure it out.

have you poped the interior door off and checked for water damage? ooorrr fuses or connections.. thats my guesses i know how frustrating electrical automotive problems can be

Blog Entries

That's a bummer Mike. I hope someone here will have some good advice for you to correct your problem.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Jr. Engineer

sounds like I would start by checking the continuity on the door switch, and check the engines for codes as well... sounds crazy I know, but you'd be surprised sometimes.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

I was looking at an '03 Suburban that had the same problem. The dealership wasn't willing to fix it - one of the reasons I backed out of the deal. I did find some info including a campaign that talked about needing to reprogram the door zone module. I don't think it's a simple solution, but seems common enough there should be some info out there on the web.

r_w
    www.novitatech.com