GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

... bumping ...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I have had awesome results with JL Audio. They make these Stealthboxes for almost any car...I think they are a little pricey but they look great and you might be able to build something close to it for a lot cheaper. My feelings on car audio is that you don't have to have a whole lot of subs to get great sound and just plain loudness. I have a 12" W6, 760 watt MTX amp and a 1 farad capacitor. I went to a sound comp just to see how loud it was and hit 158db's... They said a shot gun blast from 3 feet away is only 120db's! I beat a guy that had 4 - 12" subs and a huge amp...just because his stuff didn't have enough power and couple other things. Just a thought... Hope all goes well and you don't have to buy expensive...just wait for somebody too sell it cheap and put all the pieces together as you go.
    Ty - 2004 Tahoe Z71
    :sign0011:
    www.myspace.com/jasonsturgeonmusic

Legend

subthump.com has a box for 2 10's

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Former Member

They actually make custom enclosures to fit your vehicle with no modifications at all. All you have to do is find a good local stereo shop and they should either have them or be able to order what you need and have it in a matter of a couple of days. The custom enclosures fit to the molds in your flooring and are really pretty good as far as sound goes...keep in mind you're not going to be blowing the back glass out or winning any competitions with it, but it does the job and achieves the goal of keeping the back seat.

Default subs

I built a center consol box with a 10" sub in the downward facing position. It is powered buy a 600 watt mono amp. Ialso have a 400 wat Alpine 4 channel. The amps take up all of the room under the back seat. So i feel your pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmxguy44 View Post
    I built a center consol box with a 10" sub in the downward facing position. It is powered buy a 600 watt mono amp. Ialso have a 400 wat Alpine 4 channel. The amps take up all of the room under the back seat. So i feel your pain.
    Any photos of this setup?
    John ~ New Mexico ~ It's all about the bowtie!
    2007 GMC Envoy & 2010 GMC Sierra

i have to 12'' pioneer that fit behind the seats of your crew cab with no mods all you have to do is remove he one air duct and they are the best sounding shallow subs you can get so i say go with pioneer.

Death from above

I have an 04 Crew Cab and I set up my system under the back seat...

I have a Phoenix gold tantrum 1200.1 mono amp and 2 shallow mount rockford fosgate 10's in a custom box.
    A buddy of mine built the box for me, originally it was in his colorado.

The amp is mounted behind the seat on the wall of the cab..

Its really tight, sometimes I worry my amp can't breathe but I haven't had a problem yet..

& the box fits snug right under the rear seat, I didn't have to raise it or anything and it sticks out maybe 1-2 inches.

I don't have pics of it yet but if anyone is interested I can snap a few.

i saw jl had a center mounted downfire sub enclosure. it slides under the seat and the sub is in front of the drink holders. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1508 just something i found

I have the same exact problem, only thing is I was told they had to build a custom box and probably lift my seats if I really wanted a system.