GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I definitely agree with ya on that one. You will feel a quicker throttle response

Post Rant an Raves

what programmer doe you have?

I had origionally purchased a stillen air intake for my truck when they first came out with it in 99 or 2000 now this was before all the cold air box stuff and this and that and it wasnt too expensive. I purchased a for better words a filter box on ebay with a filter for 25 bucks and i think it works just as good as those 300 plus dollar set ups.I dont think its all that big a deal on my truck because all i have is the intake. throttle body spacer(honestly cant tell you if it works or not since ive had it so long i dont remember what stock ran like lol) and a magnaflow exhaust the computer is programmed but nothing big just more for speedometer and tires. I can see it making more of a difference on the higher horsepower vehicles but i got mine pretty cheap so i think it was a good investment not to mention it sounds cool sucking the air in lol.

The programmer I have is a ProComp, it is made by hypertech though. I really don't like hypertech all that much, but it was on sale and I was just curious. It does however have some pretty cool lil features to it. Like harder shifts through the gears and rev/speen limiter, and im able to change the tire sizing for my bigger tires. Theres a few more cool little things to it, but i really don't use them. Its ok I guess Im pretty satisfied with it, which I usually don't say about hypertech products...lol

Thumbs up (Rants and Raves)

If you ever have a chance to try a Diablo programmer I think you will like it. It has so much more tuning capabilities. Shift firmness and shift quickness, delay that quick 1-2 shift, timing,injectore slope,idle adjustment (raised mine by 100rpms for better throttle response) There website doesnt show eveything you can do with it.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought a K & N 77 Series intake for $279 at Stylin Concepts, I bought it because everybody kept bragging it up and making all these unfounded claims. As far as getting better gas mileage, I got 14.3 before installation. And after installation I got 14.3 according to the DIC, and as far as horsepower goes whatever I might have gotten got eaten up by the gearing and larger tires on my truck. I think that was the worst $300 I ever spent on my truck, the only gain I got off of it was the shiny chrome tube under the hood.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

how about throttle body spacers. they had one on horsepower tv and the got a few extra horses out of it. i dont understand how they claim to do anything all it is is a small piece of aluminum or some metal with a hole in it. if they make a difference it would be nice to know no point on spending money on something that does not work. i had an airrade intake on my old truck but the stock one was in really bad shape. with no wrecker around and i got a good deal on one. i never noticed a real difference other than looks.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    If you ever have a chance to try a Diablo programmer I think you will like it. It has so much more tuning capabilities. Shift firmness and shift quickness, delay that quick 1-2 shift, timing,injectore slope,idle adjustment (raised mine by 100rpms for better throttle response) There website doesnt show eveything you can do with it.

Actually, I wanted to get that Diablo programer. Ive been waiting and waiting for the price to come down on it. It just so happens that the procomp went on sale and I bought it for like $250. I wish that I would've just bought the diablo, b/c thats the one i really want to get.

Quote Originally Posted by yotchie View Post
    how about throttle body spacers. they had one on horsepower tv and the got a few extra horses out of it. i dont understand how they claim to do anything all it is is a small piece of aluminum or some metal with a hole in it. if they make a difference it would be nice to know no point on spending money on something that does not work. i had an airrade intake on my old truck but the stock one was in really bad shape. with no wrecker around and i got a good deal on one. i never noticed a real difference other than looks.

Im gonna post another thread about the throttle body spacers as well soon. There wont be a whole lot to it. Like you said its just a block of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewsZ71 View Post
    Im gonna post another thread about the throttle body spacers as well soon. There wont be a whole lot to it. Like you said its just a block of metal.
    Throttle body spacers were designed after the idea of the old style "High Rise" manifolds popular in the 60's and early 70's which worked great for added performance on carburated engines (if you didnt mind a carb sticking through your hood). But these arent carburated engines were dealing with, they like everything measured and precise, and most of that measuring was done at the factory in the engineering phase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast