GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tire Rack's Tire Decision Guide

Tire Rack's Tire Decision Guide: Find the tire performance category that's best for your vehicle and the roads you drive on.

This is actually pretty cool, it lets you search by your vehicle type and then asks you a bunch of questions about how you drive and what type of environment you'll drive in and gives you some options and discounts. VERY COOL, give it a try.

When I chose off-road for the Trailblazer it gave me a list of tires ranging from $90 to $150, very cool.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Jr. Engineer

I just kind of fumbled across this thread and checked it out. Tire Rack's site is pretty cool ! Looks like some good prices also. I priced tires for my wife's Audi and was pleasantly suprised.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Tire Rack's Tire Decision Guide: Find the tire performance category that's best for your vehicle and the roads you drive on.

This is actually pretty cool, it lets you search by your vehicle type and then asks you a bunch of questions about how you drive and what type of environment you'll drive in and gives you some options and discounts. VERY COOL, give it a try.

When I chose off-road for the Trailblazer it gave me a list of tires ranging from $90 to $150, very cool.
    It's better than nothing, but I've never been all that impressed. My biggest gripe is the two questions:

Do you EVER plan on driving this vehicle in the snow? Do you EVER plan on driving this vehicle off-road.

I've got a fairly new truck and I live in Georgia. EVER is a big word. If it snows here, which is rare, then yes, I'll drive it in the snow, but while I want that taken into account (i.e. sniping), it shouldn't be a major factor. Same with "off-road", I suppose at some point I might drive down a dirt road. I could even imagine driving down a gravel road at some point, but again, do I want this to be a major factor? Absolutely not. What I'm looking for is a good, quiet, street tire with some small off-road/snow capability, not a dedicated off-road tire. The decision guide doesn't really give me that option.