GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Engineer

Default 4.3L electric cooling fan ( e-fan ) upgrade

i have to start with a question before i do anything else, hopfuly i can turn this into a nother write unless you guys think there are enough e-fan upgrade how-tos.

so the question: would a single 16" fan be big enough or should i go for something like duel 10"/12" fans (20"/24" respectably )

if i run one fan im only going to run one speed, if i run duel fans it will be both fans one speed.

im looking at cooling fans and im not realy sure what i need for my truck size wise. its only a 4.3 with a 5spd so there is no oil/trans coolers. no a/c so i dont have to worry about that. there are obviously many sizes of fans available from 7" all the way to 16"+ fans.

advice?
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Check out this thread, a member already did all the leg work for you on this one. He installed efans on his V6. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...an%2C+e-fan%2C

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)