GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick update.. My truck received some hail damage 2 fridays ago. I got caught in the middle of nowhere with pea to golf ball size hail beating on my truck. Fortunately, the only damage was to the hood, roof and both foglights. State Farm cut me a check today for $1600. I'm going to buy a ram-air hood on Monday, a set of angel-eye foglights and hopefully a used hard toneau cover off of craigslist. The hood is $399 brand new and I can pick it up local. The foglights are about $60 shipped and the toneau cover is about $150. That will leave me plenty to have the hood and toneau cover painted (custom). The roof only has 2 little dings in it, which I'll have fixed by one of those paintless dent removal places. I was pretty bummed out about it at first, until I realized that I can do a major upgrade to my truck. :D BTW, State Farm was excellent. I've been with them since '94 and this is my first claim. Being a comprehensive claim, it won't affect my rates at all. I called them the following Monday, the looked at the truck on Thursday last week and I got my check to fix it today. Not too bad, I'm impressed. I'll update with pics in a couple weeks, whenver the hood gets painted.
    Red 05 Silverado. Ram-Air Hood w/custom paint. Cold Air Intake, Black 20" Wheels w/Polished Lip. Lowered 2" in rear, Tint, Custom Front Bumper, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Color Matched Grill w/Billet Inserts, Debadged Tailgate, Red LED Underdash Lighting, DDMTuning HID's - 8000k in lows & fogs. Smoked Foglights

I've always said things happen for a reason!!!
    Adam

Where did you get your grille and how much if you don't mind me asking. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwheels05 View Post
    Where did you get your grille and how much if you don't mind me asking. I like it a lot.
    I'm assuming you mean me? sorry for the late response! It's actually chevy accessory, my Wife bought it for Christmas 2 years ago, I think it was $240 back then, here's a link it's $260 now. It comes in red too!

http://www.gm part direct/results.cf...umber=17800742

welcome to the forum, good lookings truck nice wheels.

welcome back to the forums, your truck looks great, i like what you did to the bottom piece of the bumper, i want to do that now, but im not much of a painter

Looks good, red is my fav color right now!!

Sr. Apprentice

Very nice ride.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123