GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Shop I worked for was a Whipple installer. Did both small and big block trucks, installs easy,good instructions. Customers were happy. Tech line good also. Just before I left they also started installing Magnachargers. They seemed to have better throttle response due to a valve in back of the supercharger itself, I forget what they call this valve but the Whipple doesnt have this valve. I would check both out.
    Whipple has updated their kit as of October last year, Whipple has improved the air bypass system which is equal if not superior to magnachargers. They are also both intercooled systems. I like both the kits and they both appear to be equal in performance, also the Whipple is a lil cheaper. The only thing I am really doubting is the trans. You can never trust them.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1144
    Last edited by chance; 03-05-2009 at 10:14 PM.

04 Chevy Silverado- lowered on 20s (saving for a whipple)
    92 Isuzu Rodeo- straight axle swap in progress, turbo in progress
    92 Isuzu Impulse XS/RS- the boosted car from hell
    89 Isuzu Impulse Turbo- thinkin bout a LS swap

Post Whipple Supercharger

I agree with you tranny concerns, espeically the 1/2 ton trucks. I think I would contact some tranny aftermarket companies such as Hughes Performance. I destroyed two trannies in my Suburban before I had them build me one, end of problems. My Suburban only had about 325hp.

+2 for whipple. And that comes from experience. The vortech are alright but nothing beats that classic supercharger whine, or the power that comes from a Roots type blower
    '00 Silverado 2500. Whipple charged 6.0L

50# injectors. TR6plugs. Nelson tune. Dual 3" exhaust [headman headers, X-pipe, magnaflow glasspacks] Torsion key and blocks lift

Can't beat the sound of a super charger.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12