GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: powered sub

hmmm ok. Are you sure you only want a 10" powered sub like that? It's only got 100 watts rms going to it. It's not going to be much. I have two 10" subs with 278 watts rms going to each and I couldn't imagine going less to less than a quarter of that. Why not build a custom box in that area you're talkin about and build it to spec for a 10" sub. You don't have to get a shallow mount then and you could design one up on cad. Mine aren't shallow mount. As far as your cds go, you're gonna have to do a little shufflin! Why not put them up on your visor? or if you have a ton of them make usb drives of each genre and then get a regular cd player that takes usb, you can get them CHEAP at onlinecarstereo.com. I mean cheap and they aren't seconds, they have warranty's and everything.

Just some ideas.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4x4
    - 17" Avalanche Wheels
    - 2 10" Premier Comp Subs/custom Subthump box
    - Some scrapes, scratches, dents, creases, and bends!

Quote Originally Posted by ridnrimz View Post
    hmmm ok. Are you sure you only want a 10" powered sub like that? It's only got 100 watts rms going to it. It's not going to be much. I have two 10" subs with 278 watts rms going to each and I couldn't imagine going less to less than a quarter of that. Why not build a custom box in that area you're talkin about and build it to spec for a 10" sub. You don't have to get a shallow mount then and you could design one up on cad. Mine aren't shallow mount. As far as your cds go, you're gonna have to do a little shufflin! Why not put them up on your visor? or if you have a ton of them make usb drives of each genre and then get a regular cd player that takes usb, you can get them CHEAP at onlinecarstereo.com. I mean cheap and they aren't seconds, they have warranty's and everything.

Just some ideas.
    Or get a used iPod off craigslist dirt cheap and put an iPod compatible deck in for a few bucks more and not have to fumble with all those USB drives!
    2000 Silverado ext cab1500 Z71
    Have:
    -K&N
    -SPR-17S Fronts with 100RMS watts to each
    -Billet Grill
    -Bedliner
    -Catback Flowmaster Exhaust
    -CDA-9884 Head unit w/ iPod hookup
    -2 KFC-W3011 subs (seperate boxes 1 cu ft air space each) powered by a KAC-9104D 900 watt RMS monoblock amp
    -SPR-57C rear speakers
    -Door dings
    -Leveling kit (2.5" torsion keys)

Want:
    -6" Suspension Lift
    -35" tires (maybe 38s)
    -HID/projector headlights
    -Headers
    -Programmer/Tuner

^^^ya, I have a pioneer deck so I just got the ibus that works with pioneer decks. it's ok, but next time I'm getting a double din navigation with a hard drive. much better I was trying to suggest a dependable way just cuz I've had one ipod break on me! that sucked to go back to cd's til I got another

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4x4
    - 17" Avalanche Wheels
    - 2 10" Premier Comp Subs/custom Subthump box
    - Some scrapes, scratches, dents, creases, and bends!

i just put in a kenwood kd-238 hu. the cd's arent a real big deal i listen to sirius satelite most of the time anyways.

What about these?

This has better reviews...
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Basslink-200-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B000063TJY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Infinity Basslink 200-Watt Powered Subwoofer System (Black): Electronics[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Boss-BASS600-Profile-Amplified-Subwoofer/dp/B000OSZA44/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236260648&sr =1-5"]Amazon.com: Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer - Single (Silver): Electronics[/ame]
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

I have a 2008 ext cab and I just bought the same mtx powered sub you are looking at. I was thinking about putting it in the same spot because I need the space under the rear seats for storage and I'm not really looking for big bass anyway. The problem is it wouldn't fit there in mine. Maybe you have alot more room i'm no familiar with your truck but it definately wouldn't fit in mine. Do some serious measuring!

i found a blaupunkt (sp?) 200 watt 8 inch powered sub that is really low profile looks like it may even fit under the passenger seat. its at a local car audio store. and i went to the place i have always gotten car stereo equip from and they are checkin on some kenwood 10 inch powered subs to find out the dimensions. but they arent low profile. i may go w/ the 200 watt 8 inch saturday.
    Last edited by etpn13; 03-05-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etpn13 View Post
    i found a blaupunkt (sp?) 200 watt 8 inch powered sub that is really low profile looks like it may even fit under the passenger seat. its at a local car audio store. and i went to the place i have always gotten car stereo equip from and they are checkin on some kenwood 10 inch powered subs to find out the dimensions. but they arent low profile. i may go w/ the 200 watt 8 inch saturday.

Is this the one?
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blaupunkt-Compact-powered-subwoofer-70-watt/dp/B000S6GVPO/ref=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236336756& sr=8-8"]Amazon.com: Blaupunkt THb 200A Compact powered subwoofer 70-watt amp with an 8" sub: Electronics[/ame]
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Blog Entries

Ever look into Stealth boxes by JL Audio. They have one that replaces the center console. Check the link

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1465

or

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_530/Veh....html?tp=12431

These are a little more expensive by the are designed to fit perfect. And JL audio makes a quality product that pounds. The amp under the seat is a good idea that's where I mounted mine in my Nissan Frontier. Just be careful of air flow. If the amp can't breath well enough it will overheat and shutdown or even fry.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

i think that maybe the one i was in a hurry when i was talkin to the guy thought he said 200 watts but i may have misunderstood and he said 200a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast