GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: uneven tireware

Default uneven tireware

has anyone else experienced uneven tireware on the front of their colorado/canyon? i saw a report the dealership gave me, but they said that i would have to pay for it? just wondering.

Default uneven tire wear

My Colorado is 13 months old. I put a topper on it 9 months ago. About 5 months ago noticed it was wearing on the inside front tires much quicker than the outside. Took it in recently and Henry From Luby Chevrolet said it just needed an alignment. Would not warrenty it. Toe (spelling?) was out. I crawled underneath afterwards and did see that they adjusted one side, but not the other. Rodney our sales rep said that this is not the first new Colorado to need an alignment so soon. I currently have 18,000 miles on it, when I noticed the unusual wear it had about 11,000. I will watch the wear more closely now. Looks as though my tires won't last through the winter. I noticed that it squeled around corners (not going too fast, just the speed limit), now it doesn't. My recommendation to you, get it into the dealer quick, Henry did say if it only had 7,000 miles on it he would of warrenteed it.

There has been two service bulletins on this. Go to your dealer and get them to fix it! It was wrong from the start!

Yea, did that, even sent an e-mail threatening to become a dodge owner and they called me and said that because I live in Colorado and our rough roads it is recommended that we get our allignment checked at 6,800 miles and if it is off at that point they will do it for free. Funny when I purchased the vehicle I was not told that I needed to bring it in for an allignment check at any point. If I was told I would of. So the dealership (Luby Chevrolet, and Chevrolet themselves) still blame the allignment being off on my lack of knowledge.

First, An alignment has ALWAYS been a service adjustment that is not a warranty issue for any vehicle. However, in this case, the powers to be failed to determine the best setting for tire life and handling. Due to their service bulletins, they admit they don't have it right. However, alignment can be knocked out by hitting one pot hole. Normally alignment should be checked every 12000 miles. Look in the owners manual and you will find a list of recomended services that should be done to maintain your vehicle. GM, Dodge, Ford, BMW, Toyota, Nissan and every other mfg do this and always have.

Is it your fault its set wrong from the factory? NO! Is it up to you to maintain your vehicle and do adjustments as needed. YES!

Warranties cover Manufacturing and workmanship defects, not normal wear and tear. An alignment once set right needs to be maintained and checked as needed just like getting an oil change, this is maintinance.

However, if GM keeps changing the specs on alignment, then there is a problem with THEIR settings and YOU should not be liable for their mistakes. When ever you get an alignment, get the printout of the before and after specs. See how far off the settings were from spec before the alignment is done and compare the after settings.

Default Uneven Tire Wear

I have a 2005 Z-71 with 38,000 miles. The inside of my front tires are starting to wear quickly. I don't really go over 65 since I am mostly driving on parkways so my front end does not shake. I'm going to check with Chevy to see if there is any recalls or any other info. The dealer did not have any service bulletins either. Something does not seem right.

John

Default Uneven Tire Wear

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer
    I have a 2005 Z-71 with 38,000 miles. The inside of my front tires are starting to wear quickly. I don't really go over 65 since I am mostly driving on parkways so my front end does not shake. I'm going to check with Chevy to see if there is any recalls or any other info. The dealer did not have any service bulletins either. Something does not seem right.

John
    Don't let the dealer tell you that there is no bulletins. There are two so far that I've seen. They are also listed on the NHTSA website.

Default Uneven Tire Wear

I called the dealer and he said there are no sevice bulletins. I went on the NHTSA web site and found six bulletins. I called Chevy and gave them the service bulletin numbers. After a day they got back to me as said they could not find any information with the bulletin numbers provided. Chevy told me to get an estimate on a front end alignment and new tires. Chevy said they would help me with the repair costs. I'll let you know what happened. I thought Chevy made better quality products.

John

What are the bulletin #'s please, and where on the NHTSA are they located?
    What year Colorado's are affected by these S/B ?

Hey Hotrodbob are you from OSC?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by