GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: brakes

Default brakes

is anyone having problems with their brakes?i have an 05 colorsdo 4x4 with 35000mi and the brakes are constsantly sticking.is this a chevy problem with all canyon and colorado?need advise.06z-71

Other people have mentioned this. Where do you live and how do you usually drive?

mostly pavement it very seldom leaves the road unless i go to the ranch.i use my 03 f-250fx4 mosly,the brake thing is
    really getting to me.

mostly pavement it very seldom leaves the road unless i go to the ranch.i use my 03 f-250fx4 mosly,the brake thing is
    really getting to me.i live in el campo tx.about 45min from matagorda tx

Sr. Apprentice

WHAT IS STICKING?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Any updates on your brakes?

Default Colorado Brakes

Hi Steve.

I'm very interested in the links you set up, but they no longer work. I'm having the same problem with sticking brakes. I have an 05 colorado 4x4 with almost 50k miles. It was used mostly for back roads (paved) and highway and never carrying much weight at all.

My brakes are sticking just slightly. Enough to slow down the truck on mild declines while coasting. My gas milage has gone down by 100 miles per tank, and I can feel the truck working harder to move.

The pads are fine. The rotors are fine. The calipers are fine. When I bleed the system the calipers open, but when I put it back on the ground, drive and use the brakes... they lock up again. I can still drive, but when in the air I can't spin the two front tires by hand.

A few months back I brought the truck in for a brake sensor recall. That accordian looking thing under the pedal that turns the brake lights on or off. That's when everything more or less started.

It's been to a very qualified garage mechanic and he has no clue what it is... and didn't charge me because he had no idea. I also brought it back to the dealer and they said the pads were too big, which was false and they were the same ones that it came with back at 13miles but I told them to replace them. When I memtioned the recall they told me that has nothing to do with it.

I still have the problem and was wondering if you heard anything about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The pads are fine. The rotors are fine. The calipers are fine. When I bleed the system the calipers open, but when I put it back on the ground, drive and use the brakes... they lock up again. I can still drive, but when in the air I can't spin the two front tires by hand.
    Two things come to mind:

1) Sticking calipers
    2) Something is preventing the hydraulic pressure from releasing. Maybe a kinked/partially plugged hose. Or a bad valve in the master cylinder or ABS system.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Blog Entries

bump this message.
    John ~ New Mexico ~ It's all about the bowtie!
    2007 GMC Envoy & 2010 GMC Sierra

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by