GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Unhappy Disappointment...

Well, as the guy I bought the grille guard from was trying to find me some new mounting hardware, he discovered that his old truck actually was an HD. He also learned that if I put that grille guard on my truck (non HD), it would sit 2" higher than the one meant for my truck, which would interfere with my headlights.

I don't want to risk having something that wouldn't look right, so I'm going to get my money back and give it back to him. I'm disappointed, but I guess it just wasn't mean to be. At least I'm getting my money back and didn't get screwed over. It's probably better in the long run anyway because I'm looking to get new tires soon and I could use that $150 back in my pocket.
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

That sucks, sorry to hear that. i would be pissed. i get really excited when i get stuff. i told my mom i would wait till the weekend to put my TBI in (it was tuesday) and i started my homework and 15 minutes later i was outside putting it in. it would kill me if i had to ship a part back and wait longer.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Blog Entries

That's a bummer!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

That sucks man, at least the guy seems like a stand up guy and is going to give your money back.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Default Grille Guard

When I installed the grille guard on my Tahoe, I ran into a problem. I followed the directions, put the bracket with the "R" on the driver side like the directions. But could not get the bracket to line up with the holes from the tow hooks. We tried to force the bracket in place and every thing. Then I got the idea to switch the brackets right on passenger side and all worked like it was made to fit.

So is it right from the front or from the driver's seat. I was always told it is from the driver's seat?
    Mark - Ohio Tahoe
    London, Ohio
    2005 Chevy Tahoe
    "Bitten by the Mod Bug"

Cool Grill Guard install... Help

Maybe the brackets were made in England.

Sorry to hear that. At least you're not stuck with something that won't work though. You can put that money towards something that will work for you. I've seen a lot of good deals on ebay. I'm thinking about eventually getting a bull bar on ebay because the prices are so good. Hope you find something that will work for ya.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Tahoe View Post
    When I installed the grille guard on my Tahoe, I ran into a problem. I followed the directions, put the bracket with the "R" on the driver side like the directions. But could not get the bracket to line up with the holes from the tow hooks. We tried to force the bracket in place and every thing. Then I got the idea to switch the brackets right on passenger side and all worked like it was made to fit.

So is it right from the front or from the driver's seat. I was always told it is from the driver's seat?

Folks - just FYI... this is an old post of a few months ago.

When you refer to a vehicle it should be from the point of view of the driver. Therefore "left" side is the driver's side; "right" side is the passenger's side.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Default Brackets

This looks like it sets up the same as the grille guard that I have on my Tahoe.
    I had to remove the factory tow hooks. Then take the bracker stamped "L" and install it on the right side. Then install the "R" bracket on the left side. Mounting was easy after we figured out this mistake in the directions.

My instruction said R and L from the driver's seat, but it was R and L as you looked at the Tahoe from the front.

They usually attach via bolts which connect to the frame at the same point as the bumper. Installation is as simple as removing the bumper or front bumper cover, bolting on the extender mounts for the grille guard, and then re-attaching the bumper. The extender mounts stick out from the bottom or protrude over the top of the bumper, depending on the design, and the guard then bolts on to the mounts.