GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: computer mod

Default computer mod

Has anyone found a computer chip replacement or controller for the canyon?
    The H3 Hummer has the same motor, I wonder if it had one, and if it could be used on the 3.5liter I-5?

Sr. Apprentice

there's hptuners hand held which is couple hundred dollars, i'm not sure of the website. there is also pcmforless.com. they guys there adjust the settings on the pcm (the shiny thing on the passenger side next to the window washing fluid tank.)

Default Too many technical terms...

"The shiny thingy next to your windshield wiper fluid." I need to go back to school because i can't understand you guys anymore. Your all too smart for me and it's beginning to hurt my brain. OWWW!!!

hehe.

Well, we're all guilty of that. I do that sometimes where I just am reduced to pointing and grunting...gimme that...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    hehe.

Well, we're all guilty of that. I do that sometimes where I just am reduced to pointing and grunting...gimme that...
    Sometimes it's just easier
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

www.redlineperformance.com

I bought this chip....worth the money!

http://hptuners.com/ where you can buy the program and cable and use a laptop to tune it yourself

http://pcmforless.com/ where you can send your PCM to and have it tuned to your chosen options
    ~Dan
    2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab ZQ8 Xtreme

In these days of hyped up gasoline prices any aftermarket improvements to your carís performance are certain to negatively impactís your carís fuel economy right? In a word: wrong. Depending on the aftermarket improvements made to your vehicle, your car should run more efficiently and save you fuel, not consume up additional resources. This is all the more true with a performance chip or power programmer installed in your vehicle. Please read on to learn how a chip or programmer can enhance your carís performance.

Your car comes equipped with a special computer chip that controls your engineís output, particularly in the area of fuel delivery. With a performance chip, your car realizes a much more efficient delivery of fuel to your engine at specified times in the course of driving. The result? Noticeable increases in horsepower as well as in torque. Replacement chips from Superchips and Jet Chips will also help your car run more efficiently, resulting in slight increases in fuel economy.

With a power programmer the same results are achieved as with a performance chip, but in a less invasive manner. With a performance chip you must remove and replace the original chip with the replacement chip which typically involves you removing your carís dash to access the chip. With a power programmer, including those made by industry leader Hypertech, you simply plug the programmer into your under dash diagnosis plug, answer a series of Yes/No questions, and the programmer quickly and effortlessly recalibrates your engine. No tools are necessary to use a power programmer and you can return your car to its OEM power specifications at any time.

Resource=http://ezinearticles.com

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E