GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default up grade my stero

I have a 94 burban that is very plain jane, it has 2 speakers in the dash and 2 in the rear roof, it has a plain ole am/fm , and to be honest it sounds terrible, sounds like a ole transistor am radio, so I want to upgrade, I would like a am/fm -cd, that will hook up to my exsisiting wiring,and fit in the opening correctly, and i would prefer a GM radio if at all possible, and I would also like to upgrde my speakers , but again I would like the speakers to mount where the exsisiting speakers are without a bunch of cutting ,any ideas would be appreciated , thanks
    94 burban,01 buick and 09 aveo, lets save GM

All companiesmake speakers that will fit in the stocl locations without cutting. As far as the radio, if you want to change it out to sound better you should in my opinion change it to an after market radio. the options that are offered are far better and dash kits will make any radio fit. Good luck man.
    2006 Silverado Crew Cab, stock for now.
    Plans on lowering and stereo, rims

I have had excellent results with alpine and kenwood aftermarket decks. For highs in the stock speaker locations, i prefer rockford fosgate or memphis audio.

Post up grade my stero

Check out Crutchfield.com. They have charts that show you what fits in your truck and tech line is very good.

If you have the same interior I do, then I don't think you can get a CD player in the spot of the stocker. Check crutchfield as mentioned, they sell kits that will replace part of the dash where the two center vents are that will allow you to put a single din sized radio in. They also sell a block off plate if you want to remove your stock radio.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

ok so I tried crutchfield , and these guys are awesome , ordered new speakers for front and rear, and got a new alpine cd on the way, thanks alot

Hey good stuff man, hope that it is enough, I know that once I start to change things it's a snowball effect.

+1 on the snowball effect of modding a ride.

Good to hear you got it all sorted out, I love Crutchfield. Let us know how it turns out. Some pics would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    +1 on the snowball effect of modding a ride.

Good to hear you got it all sorted out, I love Crutchfield. Let us know how it turns out. Some pics would be cool too.
    +2! I started off replacing blown door speakers, then I wanted them louder so I hooked up an amp, then I needed an aftermarket deck for preouts and a remote switch.. now I want some bass...
    2000 Silverado ext cab1500 Z71
    Have:
    -K&N
    -SPR-17S Fronts with 100RMS watts to each
    -Billet Grill
    -Bedliner
    -Catback Flowmaster Exhaust
    -CDA-9884 Head unit w/ iPod hookup
    -2 KFC-W3011 subs (seperate boxes 1 cu ft air space each) powered by a KAC-9104D 900 watt RMS monoblock amp
    -SPR-57C rear speakers
    -Door dings
    -Leveling kit (2.5" torsion keys)

Want:
    -6" Suspension Lift
    -35" tires (maybe 38s)
    -HID/projector headlights
    -Headers
    -Programmer/Tuner

the stero was a breeze .Crutchfield sent directions that were so easy to follow that my 12 year old son did alot of the work and we were done in about 1 hour, but like blue Z71 said , now I need some bass, so next will probably be a powered sub woofer that I can stick under the seat. I didn't realize it but all 4 stock speakers were blowed out mostly from age looks like, but I also got the exact same size speakers so they would fit without any modifacations keeping with the stock look.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by