GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Settled in Fountain (CO SPGS) Colorado but a true Native, born in Sterling CO, lived in Grand Juncton and went to High School in Lakewood. Army kept stationing me at Ft Carson and we decided that we liked this part of the state best! Here to stay or whenever my kids move me to a home! Just bought a 97 Suburban and found this site.

I'm located in Billings, MT
    1990 Chevy Suburban (4WD)

I'm not from Colorado and I don't live in Colorado - but it IS my favorite place on the planet!

I first visited Denver in the early 60's when my aunt & uncle lived there.
    I went to tech-school at Lowry AFB in 1970; was stationed at Lowry from 79-83; and finally came back to Colorado Springs in 1993 when my wife got stationed at Peterson AFB. I had retired from the USAF in 1990, and she retired from PAFB in 95. We left the Springs in 2004 for her new job in Memphis - and plan to return and *really* retire in the mountains. I still go back for visits a couple of times a year. My daughter was born at Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center; My son is stationed at the USAF Academy and living in Colorado Springs now; and my mother-in-law still lives in the Spprings - waiting for US to move back!

Anyhow - I'm leaving here (Memphis) tomorrow, heading to Colorado and hope to stay about a month this time! Just look for the White 2009 GMC Dually Crew Cab with TN license plates. No telling where I might show up - but I know I'll be in CS, Breckenridge, Fairplay, Buena Vista and PROBABLY make a side trip to Casa Bonita in Denver - and all kinds of places in between.
    If I can round up an ATV, I'd like to hit Red Cone, Taylor Park, Mosquito Pass/Birds Eye Gulch/Wheeler Lake areas ... and more!

For sure, I'll keep my friends on ATVQUADSQUAD.com updated.
    Last edited by ProspectorTim; 07-20-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Sounds like a cool trip. Careful when you go to Casa Bonita, the food there ain't what it used to be.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Flathead Indian Reservation, by Flathead Lake in Montana

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    Sounds like a cool trip. Careful when you go to Casa Bonita, the food there ain't what it used to be.
    The food never was that great. LOL
    It is just a fun place to go.

Anyhow, I just find something I like and keep ordering more of that - and skip the parts I don't like.

I live in Idaho! I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay area Go A's! LOL But my hearts always been in the Mountains! There's nothing better than wheeling up into the back country and Fly Fishing for Cutthroats on the Salmon river! Or riding my Softail thru the twisty mountain roads! A GREAT way to relieve stress. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and they have helped me in more ways than you can imagine! Keep on Chevy Truckin'!
    Dennis aka Moose in Idaho
    2001 Silverado Ex-Cab 4x4
    Sportside (Stepside) 5.3L
    6" RCD Lift, 33" BFG All Terrains
    Bilstein Shocks, K&N Filter

Salt Lake Valley, Utah
    2009 Silverado Crew 4X4
    5.3L, 6AT
    White

Default Rocky mountian BURB runner

hey im new to this ! AAAAAND i live in colorado whats with rhe casa bonita food not being what it used to be ? Man how many ways are there to cook cardboard its exactly like it used to be Common guys there is alot better places for mexican food around here i know cause i love the stuff casa bonita whew havent been there since i was around ten and sat in the rat cave ha ha and the food sucked then and i hear it sucks now sorry sometimes im a little bit to truthful for my own good Hey prospector sounds like your going to all the right places up here i have relitives strung out all thru those rockies beuna vista, colo. springs , friends in fairplay and a little place called como right before the y to fairplay and eldoado springs stop off there and ask for jack portis take a look at his art gallery of mountian man wood carvings in the log cabin everybody brought dow from fairplay he is one of the best then i have some cousins in grand junction i geuss one could say we got around a bit but really casa bonita .... you could do better or do you like watching the girls high dive off the cliff ha ha
    TM4HAMMER1 !!
    96 SUBURBAN LS 7.4 L
    BIGBLACKBURB!!
    :slap:

The diareah I get now from Casa Bonitas is worse than it used to be. I still have little kids, so I'm cursed with having to go there from time to time. Honestly, I've never seen a girl high diver there, it's always some dude dressed up as some cowboy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by