GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I read that alot of people like Hypertech. I was wondering what you guys thought of the HYPERTECH Max Energy Programmer? Is it worth $379? I read on their website that it can do alot of tuning factoring tire size and the transmission, when it shifts according to your speed. Also the rpm limit and more. Is it worth the money? My truck is getting horrible gas mleage right now. Only 12 mpg so this would hopefully help it.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Default diablosport predator handheld programmer

I have a predator by diablosport that i am selling. I plugged it in once and bought it about 2 weeks ago. The difference was night and day! better shift points, more power throughout rpm band much more response and much firmer shifting. My buddy owns a shop by me and just sold his truck and took the supercharger off it. I am going to buy it off him and have him install it thus i will need a custom tune to make everything work. LIke i said this thing is practicaly brand new!!! i still have the box and even the sticker that goes over the part of the programmer to protect it from scratches (just like the plastic film on brand new cell phones). I paid $369 shipped. my loss is your gain. i will sell it for $280 shipped! just pm me or email me and we can make arrangements. my number is 845 238 4024 if you need any more info on the programmer. It works for all engines 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.1 the programmer is the U7193 they stopped making the U7195 and put all the info in the U7193.

Jr. Apprentice

I use HPTuners for my truck, don't know if thats the same thing as what y'all are talking about. I used it for MAF calibration, changed the TQ management a little, timing tables, AFR table.

Only picked up about 10% gain in gas mileage, wish I had a dyno to see if I picked up any HP. I guess I could take it to the track and find out that way.....lol
    2002 Siverado 4.3L Vortec HPTuned
    2009 Colorado 5.3L V8 Z71 4X4

Cool Best programmer?

Hello ipielb, the Hypertech is very user freindly and it depends on how much and what kind of tuning you want to do. The Hypertech will do basic performance tuning, but if you want more (adjust timing, idle,fuel trims etc.) than go with the Diablo. You can update and get custom tune over the internet also. With the Diablo you can also adjust that annoying qwick 1-2 trans shift.

Yeah, i've actually been researching on diablo now after reading all this thread over. And when i do get enough guts to purchase a tuner, I'll definitely purchase a diablo predator. Just wondering, but if i do get a programmer, can i tune my truck, and other trucks that are similiar to mine? As in newer 5.3l's? Because i know my dad would love to increase his gas mileage with just a little programming. And i know a few friends that would like it done too. But of course for a price ;)

Cool Best programmer?

All programmers are vin locked. They will do only one truck at a time. You can return your truck to stock tune and use on another but your truck will have the stock tune. The tuning companies couldnt stay in business if they didnt vin lock. Its not that there trying to screw people but they do alot of R&D and need to get payed so they can do future R&D. Also the Diablo Preditor will do everything the Hypertech Max will do and more. Although the Diablo isnt as user freindly once you get used to it youll have fun with it. You cant screw anything up because if you make a mistake you just press escape button and it goes back to stock or beganning of section your in.

Legend
    Blog Entries

This is the only programmer to my knowledge that can tune up to 4 vehicles at one time, you have to have a lap top in order to make this work also. The one that is shown in this link is $475 and will do a whole slew of different motors, BUT if you really want something that is truly versatile then check out there other spectrum tuner. It will run you a cool $675 BUT it will also program a diesel engine also, look under the applications tab to see what I am talking about. I had the pleasure of actually seeing this product in use at Summit Racing and it was extremely impressive, If I would have seen this before my Hyperpac I would have bought this instead. I will say this you have to have some kind of knowledge of engine dynamics to use this, it is not just a series of "yes" and "no" answers like most scanners. Take a look just for fun anyways, see what you think?

Here is another thought, if you use it on your truck and charge 3 other people to use it you could easily make up the difference in money.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Cool Best programmer?

I dont know about this Jet tuner, but we tried other Jet tuning products and the H/P gains were never what they claimed. We had customer install a Jet tuning product on his Monte Carlo (this was a few years back) and when the check engine light came on he called there tech line and the Jet tech told the customer to just cover the check engine light with electrical tape(no he really did) Ofcorse the customer was real happy! I dont want to seem like a downer, but I seen tomany people spend hard earned money on products that just dont work well and tomany times the people just accept it and think they cant do anything. Thats alot of money, shop carefully.

Default programmer

i have been trying to reply to the messages about the diablosport predator programmer but to no success so i am trying to pm you guys back now. This programmer is still available as i have had several emails about it but couldn't contact anyone. The price is 280 shipped which is about 100 cheaper than anywhere else and this things only been plugged in once. it gives over 20 hp and torque to the wheels! you can change your shift points and make them firmer ( just like a shift kit!) It comes stock with 3 tunes, 87, 91 performance, 91 towing. each tune is night and day over the stock pcm. this gives you more spark and better timing, you will have increased fuel economy and more power! You can also plug and play and create your own tune and if you need to take it to the dealership for warranty issues you can bring it back to stock in under 5 minutes with no history it was even there! just read about it on this site, its a must have. i need a custom tune for the supercharger so my loss is your gain. this is first come first serve, calling my cell will be the quickest way you can reach me. you can try to pm me back but i only check it about once every day or every other day. my cell is 845 238 4024. the part number is u7193 which is the updated u7195. it will work on gm trucks engine size 4.8 5.3 6.0 8.1

Default diablosport programmer

i figured out why i can't pm you guys back now, i do not have enough posts yet. you will have to call my cell if you are interested. the programmer is still for sale. call me or pm me with your number so i can respond. 845 238 4024. thanks
    -ken