GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by fjrocketman View Post
    I purchased the Edge Evolution for my 2008 Silverado Z71. It looks really cool, comes with a dash mount pod that looks like stock matching perfectly. On the economy mode I have gained 1-1.5 mpg but love to play with the performance 1/4 mile and 0-60 tests it has. It also allows you to choose up to 4 realtime diplays while driving and also the color which I have set to match the gauge colors in my truck. Guys at work have now purchased the same thing for their trucks now that they have seen mine.
    I am selling my predator used only once less than three weeks old. 280 shipped! Call for details I can't pm you guys back. 845-238-4024.

Default programers for pre 98 chevys

i went on both diablos site and grantenelli and it dosnt seem like either offers a programmer for pre 98 model silverado's. i know that cant be right and am often finding similar problems on websites for parts. whats up with that?

and also has anyone used JET's programmers? ive heard of them but does anyone have experience with them and can rate and compare?

always call the makers. i called granatelli and talked to alex, he said it was 369, but would sell it to me for 269. pretty tempting, but it just doesnt have everything i am looking for
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

i have the jet power programmer and am very disappointed............i guess i expected too much, but for 350 bones you damn right i expected something.........oh well live and learn.....should have joined this forum before i bought it.......won't buy another product without asking y'all first...........

2007 Classic Chevy Z-71
    5.3 L - K&N CAI
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Jet Power Programmer
    Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    10% all the way round

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought my friend the Jet stage 2 power module for his 2004 Colorado, for the stage two you must have dual exhaust, run premium fuel, and a couple of other things to make it work. It plugs in piggy back with the PTM and connects to the OEM connectors, I bought it at Summit Racing for $269. He had the truck dyno'd after the install and he got a proven 25hp more off of it, but I have heard that their tuners are junk for certain models. I was really impressed with it's performance for the money, but then again it was a plug in module and not a scanner.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

well then in that case it sounds pretty safe to say that the predator is hands down the way to go?

the edge evo sounds really cool w/ the dash mount pod. can the diablo sport give u the same info on the hand held controller?
    01 silverado z71 5.3L

mods: kenwood mp238 hu w/ sirius satellite radio
    kenwood 3 way 6 3/4 front door speakers. kenwood 4x6 rear.
    blaupunkt 200a powered sub.
    flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust.
    k&n 57 series cai
    vent shields
    bug deflector
    garmin 755t gps

110,000 miles

future mods: throttle body spacer, new plugs and wires, and programmer. a/t or m/t tires.

i have always been told the edge evolution is the way to go for gas trucks. from this post now i am doubting myself. i am purchasing a programmer in the next two weeks. are there any of them that will edit the shift points in the GM 6-speed tranny?
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
    i have always been told the edge evolution is the way to go for gas trucks. from this post now i am doubting myself. i am purchasing a programmer in the next two weeks. are there any of them that will edit the shift points in the GM 6-speed tranny?
    I think they can all edit the shift points in the GM tranny, just not the Allison.
    99 Silverado Z71 4.8
    2" Suspension lift (Add-a-leafs and leveling keys)
    Long tube headers with 3" offroad Y-Pipe
    Volant Cold Air Intake with Ram Air Intake Tube
    Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor
    Diablosport Predator Tuner

Previous Truck:
    97 Suburban K1500
    3" Body lift
    2" Suspension Lift (Add-a-leafs and cranked up torsion bars)
    35" Yokohama M/T's
    K&N Intake
    Airraid Throttle Body Spacer
    Hypertech Programmer
    Dual Flowmasters

Quote Originally Posted by mjalstad View Post
    I think they can all edit the shift points in the GM tranny, just not the Allison.

Here is some things I have read directly from Edge.

"Features are limited on the 6-speed transmission. Product does not adjust transmission parameters and allow custom settings."
    - This came from the page for Chevy Gas Evolution - 2007-2008 Chevy/GMC Evolution 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L Gas

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=83&pvk=258

If anyone has used the Edge Evo with a Chevy 6 speed gas, I would love to hear their thoughts/results.