GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home made cai

Default Home made cai

Intention to let more HOT air in.
    Cost is, basically, none, as I had this filter for 2 yrs plus some duct tape

DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROK. IF IT'S BROK - FIX RIGHT AWAY.
    WONNA THINGS DONE RIGHT, DO THEM YOURSELF

2000 SILVERADO, CENTURION EDITION, 4WD, Z71, 5.3 VORTEC
    NO DUMM MODS

You would be amazed on the performance gains if you would replace that factory pipe with a smooth pipe and put a cone filter on.

Yet another use for duct tape.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    Yet another use for duct tape.
    Papa Red Green is proud of me, that's for sure!

All I am amazed so far with is serious mpg drop. I'll fool with it some and put the stock box back in. Good I do not have to worry about mpg too much.
    DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROK. IF IT'S BROK - FIX RIGHT AWAY.
    WONNA THINGS DONE RIGHT, DO THEM YOURSELF

2000 SILVERADO, CENTURION EDITION, 4WD, Z71, 5.3 VORTEC
    NO DUMM MODS

Duct tape, never ending possibilites.......
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

Blog Entries

When the world comes to an end the only things left will be cockroaches, twinkies and things held together with duct tape.

WAY TO GO ON THE DIY!!!!!
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Thumbs down Home made cai

Thats just scary.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Thats just scary.
    Again with the negativity. For your intake, how do you have it hooked up to the air filter? The smooth pipe idea is a good one. I've experimented with farm trucks and cold air intakes. And I've experienced the same problem as you. The smooth pipe might help my little projects get better performance.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Again with the negativity. For your intake, how do you have it hooked up to the air filter? The smooth pipe idea is a good one. I've experimented with farm trucks and cold air intakes. And I've experienced the same problem as you. The smooth pipe might help my little projects get better performance.

you 2 are crackin me up... well friend, you live and you learn, winsome and loose some. it was worth a try in my book. just be smart and DO NOT use pvc under your hood. it can kill you
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

heck man if you wana do it cheep go get some pvc and duct tape it on there. My cuzz used 3 inch pvc and a rubber sleave and his works great. Even used tha stock mass. If you want to be cheap and do it right im telling you that is the way to go. I think it cost him like 45 bucks and that was with a new cone filter. It hasnt killed him yet. That is prolly a red neck joke. You might be a redneck if you use pvc and duct tape on your truck and end up killing yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast