GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thank you so much for all the info...

Above ideas are good. Also, do all of the regular maintenance stuff... plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. It was only good for 200 HP when new, so don't expect it to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbird View Post
    Above ideas are good. Also, do all of the regular maintenance stuff... plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. It was only good for 200 HP when new, so don't expect it to fly.
    i never expect it to fly... but i would like it to do better then what its doing now.. feels like im towing or pulling something huge! i have 33's on it now but would like to go up to 35's ... maybe 37's was thinking about getting a tune-up kit and doing that. maybe a cold air intake and a tbi spacer....
    BEAST

just talked to a friend that has a 5.7 in his truck and he can roast the tires... and he has 35's and over 200.000 miles in his and it all stock!
    BEAST

congrats on the purchase. do a search for seafoam on this forum, and try it out
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    congrats on the purchase. do a search for seafoam on this forum, and try it out
    really... you think it maybe that e-z? i have used seafoam b-4... it is some good stuff. that would be SO COOL!! if it was that... knowing my luck... NOT! lol
    BEAST

welcome to the club!

The lazer thermoters are REALLY COOL!! I have played with them in my engien's class at school.
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Blog Entries

Put a throtlle body spacer on it as well as a Hyperchip performance chip and either turn the top to your stock aril cleaner upside down or get an aftertmarket one. I have an 87 K5 Blazer with a new GM crate motor, 4-inch lift and 35's. Stock gearing is 3.73's and it was sluggish untill I did those 3 in-expensive mods and it was like night and day difference with low-end performance.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    Put a throtlle body spacer on it as well as a Hyperchip performance chip and either turn the top to your stock aril cleaner upside down or get an aftertmarket one. I have an 87 K5 Blazer with a new GM crate motor, 4-inch lift and 35's. Stock gearing is 3.73's and it was sluggish untill I did those 3 in-expensive mods and it was like night and day difference with low-end performance.
    thats what i need... low end performance. it accels good until i hit 2000 rpm's, then it just comes alive. like it just snorted crack or something! lol i have a throttle body spacer, had it installed and everything, but the fan and the shroud were too close for my k&n tube, so i had to take it back off. solution to that problem, electric fan. losing the clutch fan will give me more power, electric fans can keep me cooler, and i will have room for the tb spacer. i also really want to put in a dif. cam. just dont know enough about them
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

i put the seafoam in it today and filled it up with gas... but now there something new.... when i was pulling out of my driveway to the left.. then tryed to turn to the right the wheel was a lil off then it popped and the wheel moved about 1 inch... but the tires did not move..... and the steering wheel is **** to one side. i can post a video if that would help?
    BEAST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast