GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Arrow Switching From Petroleum to Synthetic

Q: I heard that new cars require a break in period before you switch to synthetic?

Answer: AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil can be used during break-in trouble free. In fact, vehicles such as Dodge Viper and Chevrolet Corvette come factory filled with synthetic oil.
    Since most new vehicles come filled with petroleum oil, it only makes good sense to change to AMSOIL at the first scheduled oil change interval. New engine components generate high levels of wear metals and can contain contaminants from assembly. By allowing the engine to operate with the petroleum oil until the first oil/filter change interval, the wear metals and contaminants are removed prior to installing AMSOIL.

Q: Will synthetic motor oil clean the sludge from my engine and plug the oil filter or passage ways?

Answer: Absolutely not. Switching from petroleum oil to AMSOIL in routinely maintained vehicles will not cause clogged oil filters or passageways, regardless of mileage. Sludge, which is caused by poor quality oil and neglected maintenance practices, would have to be present in significant amounts to plug oil filters and passageways. If this excessive amount of sludge is present in an engine, it is just a matter of time before oil filters and passageways clog, regardless of the installation of AMSOIL.

Q: Is it true that installiung AMSOIL or other synthetic oils will cause my engine to leak oil?

Answer: In modern vehicles, there is no risk of AMSOIL motor oil leaking. In fact, AMSOIL motor oil is fully compatible with modern seal materials. It is properly formulated to condition seals, keeping them pliable to prevent leakage.

Q: Is it true that switching to AMSOIL or other synthetic oils will void my warranty?

Answer: Absolutely not. Congress in 1975 enacted the federal Magnuson-Moss Act to regulate written consumer product warranties. An examination of the law reveals warranties remain intact when AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants are used. Click here for the full details.

2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Synthetics View Post

Q: Is it true that installiung AMSOIL or other synthetic oils will cause my engine to leak oil?

Answer: In modern vehicles, there is no risk of AMSOIL motor oil leaking. In fact, AMSOIL motor oil is fully compatible with modern seal materials. It is properly formulated to condition seals, keeping them pliable to prevent leakage.

Is this also true for high mileage motors that have spent their entire life on non-synthetics?
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Thumbs up Preferred Customers Save Up To 25% Across The Board On ALL Amsoil Products.

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    Is this also true for high mileage motors that have spent their entire life on non-synthetics?
    Yes it OK to switch to AMSOIL synthetic motor oil in high mileage engines. IS it worth it? My opinion is yes. I say this because you should see better mileage when you switch to AMSOIL. I do not know where all of these myths about synthetic lubricants came from, but my money is on people in petroleum's.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com