GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tar Remover

Default Tar Remover

Anybody know what else will take Tar oil off a window? I have tried Bug and Tar Remover and Simple Green. I'm out of ideas.

Legend

Blog Entries

Razor blade? Goo-gone?
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

I tried the razor blade, lightly but was afraid of scratching the window. I'll give go-gone a try I haden't thought of that. Thanks

Legend

Blog Entries

The razor blade, if used in one of the holders, should be relatively safe. Just make sure to hold it at a severe angle. Should take care of the biggest part of tar. Good luck with it all and let us know how it all goes!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

a detailer once told me that you will often see tar specs on the paint and windows and such, and i did have some on my truck. he said dake carb cleaner and a cotton cloth, spray the cloth, not the vehicle, and wipe.
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

It's on my wifes cavalier. She drove thru the tac oil too fast and it's on th passenger windo. I'll give it a try. It's been there for months now

Quote Originally Posted by Hamelfire View Post
    It's on my wifes cavalier. She drove thru the tac oil too fast and it's on th passenger windo. I'll give it a try. It's been there for months now

i watched him do it on my truck. the tar was all over the hood. io had the truck for 1.5 years then, and he took it right off no problem. he did suggest washing and waxing right after doing it though
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Tarminator. You can get it from wal-mart.