GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New crewcab install Sub/Amp

Ok, so i went to a car audio place here in Houston and I was quoted $500 for everything installed plus equipment.

I was told that they would build me a custom box and not just give me one prefab box. He says he can build the box properly for the Memphis shallow mount subs.

I already own the Amp. Its the original Autotek MX500. I had this hooked to two JL Audio's W3's. And the sound quality was amazing. I pulled this out of my last SUV. Really this amp pushes alot out. He was surprised when I let him see the AMP.

He suggested that I go with the 10 inch Memphis Shallow Mounts.

Do you guys think this is a good deal. I think it is.
    South Texas, That's where I from.

i think it is i went to LA and to get all my video and audio equipment i paid like 500 for the box 2 12 kenwood, 1800w kenwood amplifier and they didnt install it that day i pay like 2500 for all my audio and video system
    I]

Thanks, Cool..

with installation i think its a fair price considering "inexpensive" stereo equipment for everything can add up to that without trying to hard

Legend

For a custom shop I would say that a pretty good rate.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

That sounds like a good deal, im not sure how those memphis subs sound...i have 4 pioneer TS-SW251 10" and i really like them...the memphis run about 300 watts RMS/ 600 watts peak...and mine are about 200 watts RMS/ 800 peak and they are both 4 ohm so they are very comparable....if i had a lot of money to spend i would get the RE Audio SL series which are 350 watt RMS dual 4 ohm shallow subs, i wish...but good luck with the sound system man

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by reddedsilvy05 View Post
    that sounds like a good deal, im not sure how those memphis subs sound...i have 4 pioneer ts-sw251 10" and i really like them...the memphis run about 300 watts rms/ 600 watts peak...and mine are about 200 watts rms/ 800 peak and they are both 4 ohm so they are very comparable....if i had a lot of money to spend i would get the re audio sl series which are 350 watt rms dual 4 ohm shallow subs, i wish...but good luck with the sound system man
    where do u have the 4 10" on the bed?? Cab ??
    I]

Quote Originally Posted by brownpridex111 View Post
    where do u have the 4 10" on the bed?? Cab ??

Yes, that is what I want to know. 4 subs??

I have the subs in my cab, all behind my back seat.....It took a nice custom box and one powerful amp (arc audio KS 1000.1) and of course shallow subs....it sounds amazing....heres some pics.....

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

and if anyone is interested, Advantage Audio is responsible for the work in Brea, CA 714-990-9600, they are the best audio shop around http://www.advantageautosports.com/Home_Page.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast