GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Sticky Temp control in 01' Tahoe

Hello everyone! Hoping someone's seen this before and knows of a fix. My 2001 LT Tahoe 5.3L A/C and heat work fine, Fan blows ok at all speeds, but if I sometimes I can't adjust the tempurature. I have to pull over, turn the truck off, and restart it to get the heat to stop flowing(no fan, just vent open). It's the same with the A/C. I can in fact, turn the A/C button off and cold air still flows indefinetly(no fan) until I restart the truck. I suspect some kind of electrical or computer problem, but don't know where to begin. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

i would just say pick up a new fan/temp control and see if that solves the problem.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

Default Sticky temperature gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    i would just say pick up a new fan/temp control and see if that solves the problem.
    How much should I expect to pay for a brand new one? Are you advising new as in brand new or just another?

Should I avoid salvage yard parts here due to the wearable nature of the part or is one just as good as another?

Thanks, in advance!

Default What/where exactly is the fan/temp controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    Hey Tdaz250, one more quick item, I started looking through my Haynes tear-down manual, the (9$-12$ version), and couldn't find the fan/temp control you suggest replacing. I think you're talking about the actual cluster of three dials mounted in the center sub-dash though right? Maybe? No? lol. Thanks for the clarifications.

yeah thats what i meant, buy the actual cluster, i saw one on 85 bucks on ebay the other day