GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Default Black Bear custom Tune

Does anyone recommend doing this? Has anyone done this?

I've heard amazing things about the company Black Bear Performance. I believe the owner/tuners name Justin and i have heard NOTHING but good things said about him and his tune jobs.

i guess there is basically three options: mail in PCM- give them a list of things you wish you change about your truck i.e. tire size, driving style, speed limiter increase, towing, MPG, etc.; Data-Logging PCM Tuning- company loans you hardware and software for you to connect to your vehicle's computer and record sensor data while you drive then you must return that data through email, then they are able to analyze it and tune the PCM based around the trucks data; In-Person/Group Tuning- Tuner tavels to different locations and a group of people sign up to have him personally drive around with the owner of the vehicle while he downloads information during the drive. Then tunes according to the data.

What I want to know is this: should i do the data logging? or just the conventional mail in order?? either way i've heard that great things happen from both situation. BUT, it's a lot cheaper (i think 200 cheaper? not sure how the core charge works?) to do the traditional way. i would love to keep my stock PCM, just in case, and i think that adds on another 100 bucks and he supplies me with another PCM.

anyone do any of these options? how long did it take?

I don't want to go to any other tuner company either unless it's local, but i just haven't found any in my area.. i just LOVE everything i've read about Justin, the company's work. His wife is so helpful on a handful of forums, she provides detailed information about the service they provide for us GM lovers.

Last edited by ameerica; 03-17-2009 at 08:07 PM.

2002 Silverado X-Cab 1500 LT

-6" Fabtech lift on 35" Toyo MT's
    -3k high beam/6k low beam/4.3k FOG HID
    -dual 3" FlowMaster w/18" SS tips
    -Viper alarm system with remote start, 2 backup indestructible sirens, pager
    -3000w system , 2 Kicker L7 12" subs

New Ideas-- yes/no?
    -long tube headers, no CATs?
    -6" rear leaf spring?
    -Performance Tune?