GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default My first truck. Thoughts and suggestions please

I am getting my windows tented and a spray in bed liner Saturday. What else should I do? I'm only 16 so nothing to big
    Last edited by Strongman93; 03-18-2009 at 12:38 AM.

do what i did to my truck, paint the mirrors and bumpers red, get the matching door buckets and escalade handles.......i would love to see a twin HD of my truck.....for now if you want quick mods that will be good....take off the side black plastic moldings, take off the moldings, get a billet bowtie or paint yours red....theres endless mods, what exactly do you have in mind for your truck?

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

welcome to the site, nice truck

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

welcome and thats a nice truck to start with. what kind of mods do you want? performance? appearance?
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

a nice sounding exhaust is a must! wheels and tires, stereo, all the good stuff

well Right now I thinkim getting my windows tented, spray on bedliner, and im going to crank my torsion keys to level it out. How much would all that cost roughly?

nice truck bro. if she was mine, i'd start with the rims and the tires. nothing fancy, just not a fan of the steel stockers. anywho, to each his own... right?

Welcome to the site. I'd get a level kit installed instead of cranking the torsion bars, trust me there is no upward travel left in the suspension if you crank the torsion bars. I had a set installed on mine with lifetime allignment out the door at 461 bucks. Not bad but I bought a crap load from them at the same time. Figure window tint costs about 75 bucks a pair out here. A spray in liner cots about 4 to 500 bucks out here as well.
    Hope that helped you.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would strip the side molding off to make it look cleaner, and I would possibly paint the factory flares red to match your truck. Great looking ride for a 16 year old by the way, welcome to the club...........AMY
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

you can find a leveling kit for your truck for anywhere from 100 too 200 bucks. I would recommend rough country. is your truck 2wd or 4wd? also, fill out your signature with some info on your truck

A nice cat-back exhaust system would be nice too. I would highly recommend magnaflow

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by