GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: TBI Performance

Default TBI Performance

I have a 95 chevy with a 5.7 TBI i am trying to get some sugustions for performance parts for a tight budget. The engine is completely stock i have not been able to do anything yet but want to start uprading. I am looking to try and get about 50 to 60 horses without spending an arm and a leg to get it any sugestions on performance upgrades?

Legend

Hmmm, well for starters you could go with a TB spacer.

Not sure what you consider an arm and a leg, but you could also go with Roller rockers.
    It's a minimally invasive project that you can have done in a day, and will build some nice HP.
    Of course headers are a popular option as well.

Have you done anything to the vehicle so far, or is it bone stock?
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

its got a lift and 33's on it but other than that it is completely stock i already have a edelbrock forged rebuild kit i am doing but looking at doing some power adders while i am doing the rebuild i am trying to stay less than 1000 for the power adders

Blog Entries

TB spacer, Hyperchip performnance chip, less restrictive air cleaner, performance exhaust (duals maybe).
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

i have looked into all of those but i am also looking into a new intake msd ignition system long tube headers and true duals with flowmaster exhaust to back it all up just didnt know if ithe engine i have means my choices are just really limited or if its goin to be a pretty penny to get the power i want out of it

There's stuff out there for the TBI motor, just not as many as you would like.

If you're on a budget, flipping the lid on the stock intake is a good way around getting more air into the motor.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Read everything on here about their tuning and parts. They made respectable gains on a 5.7 tbi truck spending minimal $. Worth the read. It's also where I got my bored throttle body on my 4.3

http://www.cfm-tech.com/GM_tbi_tuning_tips.htm

- '07 Silverado Classic - 4.3, 5spd, reg. cab, short bed, 2wd, silver....Magnaflow, K&N 63series kit, Hypertech Max Energy, CFM Tech tb, 180* tstat, McGaughys 2/4 drop, 275/55-17 tires(stock painted rims), billet grill, Pioneer cd, Sony Xplod speakers/sub, 1000w Crunch amp. Jba headers and Wynjammer s/c coming soon!
    - '98 Grand Prix GTP - modded - *SOLD*