GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default putting a lift on

i have a 95 chevy 1500 i am wanting to put a lift on the truck.
    i have a 2 inch body lift on it but want to go higher.
    what of lift kit should i use and will i have to modify any thing else.

Cool putting a lift on

I would use the Rancho lift. Rancho advertises it as a 4inch, but its a 6inch (there lawyers wont let them advert. as 6inch???) They are the only company making that year lift with a WELDED subframe. All the other companies use bolt together subframes. Ive had both and the Rancho is nice kit. The bolt together subframes flex and sqeek to much.

Pro Comp, Rancho, Tuff Country, they are all good lifts.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

how much are the rancho lifts, and how hard is it to put that lift on the truck

Cool putting a lift on

The Ranchos are more money (shop around) but worth it because of the subframe. If you havent ever done a IFS lift, depending on you skills you can do in a weekend with jackstands and hand tools. Make sure to inventory the parts and read instructions TWICE before beginning. Nothing worse than getting halfway done a find parts missing (dont ask how I know that).

thanks for the information hopefully the truck will ride better then it does now

Cool putting a lift on

The lift itself will not change the ride as it lifts the truck with brackets in the front and blocks in the rear. You keep your stock torsenbars and rear springs. The shocks will slightly stiffen the ride, which most people seem to like. Also if you go to larger offroad type tires they will stiffen abit.

if i just get 2 more 2inch blocks for the rearto make it a 4 inch lift could i just mess with the torsion bar to level it out or would i have to get some more parts for the front of the truck

also would that even be safe to have two ,2 inch blocks on each side of the rear

Cool putting a lift on

You dont want to stack blocks, some people do but thats just not safe. You might want to try aftermarket torsen bar keys tolift front first and then change the rear block to a longer one. You will probably have to put on longer u-bolts also.

if you dont have any blocks in the rear already than you can throw a 2" block in there no problem, but do not stack blocks if you already have them. Rough country makes a torsion bar crank front lift for your truck for a hundred bucks also.

As for the rancho 4" lift it is 1400 bucks. Rough Country makes a 4" or 6" kit for around 1000 and I have heard some pretty good about them.

Rockymountainsusp.com
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here