GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i keep a floor jack, coolant, wd40, a 200pc. craftsman tool set, a 100pc. screwdriver bit set with security bits included, a breaker bar, jumper cables, sand paper, zip ties, electrical and duct tape, chains w/ and w/o hooks, different size hitch balls, and rope
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Jr. Apprentice

Default stuff in the truck

i carry the same as cascott325 but include a couple of 30 ft snatch ropes and a couple of clevis's. When i go hunting up north i carry chainsaw gas/oil and a come along, and a small folding shovel.

Hunting Rig:
    08 Silverado Ext Cab Z71, 4X4,5.3 liter w/ems, G80, 5:73 gears,Auto,17 in wheels

Great idea!
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16350

I found one on Amazon for $40, goes every where I go now.

Under my backseat i keep:
    2 bottles of water
    jumpercables
    chain
    bungee cords
    rope
    a butt load of wrenches
    a changeable screw driver (flat and philips)
    a flashlight
    an OBDII scan tool
    paper towels

I need to see if i can find a torx screw driver set for the small stuff. some of the trim in my truck are torx heads.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

New additions to my kit from what I listed earlier.
    I have recently added
    a 20 foot tow strap
    6 ratchet tie towns
    Cargo containment net
    Cargo containment bar
    Jumpstart box w/built-in compressor AND DC-->AC inverter

And I didn't list it earlier, but I too have a OBD II scanner. I didn't list it because I thought you guys thought I was insane. I got to use it the other day to clear a check engine light, because the gas station guy didn't tighten the gas cap. (GOD I wish I lived in a state where I could pump my own gas!)
    2009 Silverado 1500 CC Black Granite Metallic - 8000K HID Low/High, K&N 63 series Intake, Fire and Ice lightbar, Truxport Tonneau, Debadged Tailgate, Billet front Bowtie, Chrome Grille Inserts
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT 361HP - Wife's car
    1988 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Black - 64K Original Miles! Bone Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CarpenterGuy View Post
    I need to see if i can find a torx screw driver set for the small stuff. some of the trim in my truck are torx heads.
    I would hit up the local hardware store and buy a 3/8" driver handle and a kit of assorted screwdriver bits, torx sizes (they go to size 50 in some places on my truck), and nut drivers as well...this would have you set for all screws.....hmmm? Eh I'll just let that one go!!!
    2009 Silverado 1500 CC Black Granite Metallic - 8000K HID Low/High, K&N 63 series Intake, Fire and Ice lightbar, Truxport Tonneau, Debadged Tailgate, Billet front Bowtie, Chrome Grille Inserts
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT 361HP - Wife's car
    1988 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Black - 64K Original Miles! Bone Stock

full socket set with deep drive and normal sae and metric sockets
    floor jack
    3 folding chairs
    tape measure
    duct tape
    channellocks
    cresent wrenches
    jumper cables
    machete
    .22 rifle and box of ammo
    power inverter
    all in my nice full toolbox lol
    2008 chevy silverado single cab short bed 4.3
    1960 chevy apache 10 single cab short bed 3.9
    1986 chevy 1 ton flatbed 5.7 (deceased)
    1990 suburban regency edition 5.7 (sold

I bought a set of "mini jumper cables" years ago and they fit in the glove box. They work great. I also keep a Leatherman in all my rides.

In my big box I have 5 separate boxes for tools.

Box #1 is all my stuff with ratchets. I have a 1/4" set, a 3/8" set, and a 1/2" set. I keep multiple ratchets, extensions, universals, and breakers in there. I also keep a set of Allen sockets and Torx sockets too. I have a few back outs in that box.

Box #2 is my miscellaneous tools box. Things like picks, grabbers, bits, Allen wrenches, wire brushes, tape messure, WD-40, etc. etc.

Box #3 is my A-frame tool bag. It holds my 50 something piece screw driver set that my gf bought me for Valentine's Day on one side. The other side holds my small hammers, pliars, and a few other miscellaneous tools.

Box #4 is my Gear Wrench specialty ratchet set. This is one of those sets that have the pass-through stye ratchets and sockets. They are for extra long bolts or pieces of all-thread.

Box #5 is my last ditch effort box. It houses my 1" drive socket and rachet set. I've only used it twice. Once, when replacing the clutch on my John Deere, and then to break the lug nuts on my brother's truck.

Then I have a couple of tools that couldn't fit into boxes, such as:
    Pry Bars
    24" aluminum pipe wrench
    some other pipe wrenches
    Shop maul
    etc. etc.

In my trays I carry electrical tape, electrical fittings, electrical pliers, safety glasses, led flash light, and a pair of work shoes.

I also carry a jug of water, brake fluid, antifreeze, a bottle of purple power, electrical cleaner, and rags.

But here's the best part. I bought my big box, a Husky black over the rail box, for $125 from the flea market. I change the lock, lift shock, and added new weather stripping. My 1" drive set I bought for $50 bucks from the same market. It doesn't have name, just China chiseled on the side. I bought it b/c one of those sockets are $30 from Sears, and they are drop forged, and if the ratchet ever goes out, I'll just swallow and buy a new one, they are only about #80.
    Last edited by Mean_Green_95; 07-21-2009 at 10:48 PM.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast