GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air Resources Programs

I heard about a program on the radio a few months back for Texas truck owners called TARP (Texas Air Resources Program), the program pays buisinesses to retire trucks (3/4 ton and up gas or diesel).
    Since the wife and I have an aging fleet of trucks in our hotshot trucking buisiness we thought it might be a good time to upgrade to a new truck and get some financial help doing it.
    We submitted applications for all 7 of our company trucks and they accepted 4 of our trucks for the program. The program will pay upto $12500 for our new trucks, the new trucks must be 1 ton gas or Diesel, were responsable for the remainder of the purchase price.
    Were also required within 90 days of reciept of our new trucks to dispose of our old trucks. As part of the disposal we have to drill holes through the engine blocks and have the engines inspected and certified as completely inoperable, also the engine accessories. The body and remaining drive train we can sell as parts only, the old trucks will be registered as scrap and can never be legally licensed or driven again.
    As part of the program they also arranged it so we can purchase our new trucks from a fleet dealer that agrees to give us a discount for TARP program trucks and a multiple truck purchase discount. We chose a local dealer in the program for our purchase since we've been dealing with them for a few years already.
    I already got a line of credit from the bank so Friday afternoon I get to go down and spec out my new trucks.

Texas is expanding thier program next year to include privately owned trucks.
    Also a few other states presently have this program and more are starting it up in the near future, you might want to check your state to see if they can give ya a little help getting a new truck.

That's a pretty cool program. I had never heard of it. Good luck on getting your new truck!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

sounds interesting

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)