GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tooth Extractions Suck!

This morning I had my 2 upper wisdom teeth extracted. Now Im almost wishing I hadn't because from what I'm reading I basically can't eat for the next couple of days...Soup, Frostys and other soft crud ISN'T food. Then of course there's no carbonated drinks. That's basically what I drink, albeit not a good habit. Very little pain though.. I have more pain with the gauze in my mouth than just sitting without it.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I had all four of mine pulled when I was 13. I was in absolute hell when I had them yanked. Just be glad you're not a smoker, I ended up with dry socket because I couldn't go that long without a smoke. Hope you feel beter.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

I feel your pain, I had mine removed when I was in my late thirties and you're right it sucks! The upper ones are the easiest though, something to do with the nerves that run along your lower jaw, mine got damaged (which is common) and now several years later the left side of my tongue is still without feeling! hope you feel better....and hopefully you got good painkillers!
    Adam

That's the cool thing, the pain is little to none. The upper part of my mouth hurts a little, but it's certainly bearable. Hell, I could probably be at work with this pain. I haven't even touched the pain meds the doc prescribed for it. Not being able to grab a burger and chow down for 2 days and not being able to grab a Dr. Pepper is what's killing me.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    That's the cool thing, the pain is little to none. The upper part of my mouth hurts a little, but it's certainly bearable. Hell, I could probably be at work with this pain. I haven't even touched the pain meds the doc prescribed for it. Not being able to grab a burger and chow down for 2 days and not being able to grab a Dr. Pepper is what's killing me.

You have a blender?
    Adam

mmm meatshakes

Jmonte3
    07 Sierra NBS Black Crew Cab 5.3L Z71
    15% tint
    Gmc pin stripes
    Blacked out GMC Logos
    Dual Flowmaster exhaust
    Kicker Stereo System w/ Pioneer Avic-D3 Navi/Dvd
    Volant CIA
    Edge Evolution
    Poweraid TBS
    Leveling Kit
    Changed Door Handles to match shiney black paint

i got mine removed when i was 18. i only had 2, but i was eatin steak the next night. my room mate had 6!
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Jr. Mechanic

Default tooth extractions

I must be exceptional cuz I had thirteen removed from the upper all at once. It took about fifteen minutes waiting for the shots to numb me up and about ten minutes to yank em and I walked out of there with my new upper plate in place and not a problem in the world since, aside from the puddle of bloody drool in my sleep the first night. For the next few days I just popped them out every few hours and saltwater swish n spit then back to normal,I was eating solid food that evening not steak and corn on the cob mind you but meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and green beans were no problem never abstained from the sodas or smoking . of course there was some pain involved but nothing compared to the abcesses I used to get. Most people complain about dentures and lament if they had only taken better care of their teeth blah, blah, blah, As for me I wonder why I didn't have it done much sooner, no more toothaches, easy cleaning, they look great, can't get a brain freeze eating ice cream, no more checkups and cleanings at the dentist and I can really freak out little kids like my grand father used to do to me LOL (just kidding , I really don't scare little kids)

I had mine pulled about 6 months ago. I ate some fresh cut pineapple for dinner the night before. All four got pulled and I had almost no swelling. There is something in pineapples that helps out. It was the first time I had vicodin and the only two I have had since.
    I would recommend this oral suregon to anyone living in Orange County if I could remember his name.
    You'll be back to normal in a couple of days. It's not the pain thats off but the hole in your jaw that throws you.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Best thing you'll ever do is stay on the pain killers and don't let em wear off for a couple of days and you should be good to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast