GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Throttle body spacer

I got a 09 silverado with true dual exhaust kn filter and diablo reprogrammer installed, Does the throttle body make a difference? or are there any other bolt on part that I could get to help out with HP and torque?
    Last edited by dwill3015; 03-21-2009 at 02:37 PM.

heck yeah i had one on my '00, dual exhaust k&n and diablo sport, my dad had an '05 same deal, exhaust programmer and k&n and just because i had that spacer i out ran him everytime, so yeah they help, im sittin here waiting on ups right now for my new one for my 95 350tbi

My friends got one on his '97 Silverado with 5.7, every time he touches the gas you can hear it whistle faintly. kind of sounds like a turbo. He said he's experienced an increase in gas mileage, and a little low end torque. Not my results but a friends.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

every tuner i have talked to said that it will make no diffrence on the nbs pickups. Jessie, Wheatley, and a few other local speed shops said it was a waist of money. They said that they sound good but that is all and the only way that they will help is if you have forced induction. Just my thoughts and what I have been told. I was set to buy one and a mass also.

I put one on my 2004 Yukon and I did not notice any difference.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Quote Originally Posted by heavy chevy View Post
    every tuner i have talked to said that it will make no diffrence on the nbs pickups. Jessie, Wheatley, and a few other local speed shops said it was a waist of money. They said that they sound good but that is all and the only way that they will help is if you have forced induction. Just my thoughts and what I have been told. I was set to buy one and a mass also.

x2. I asked Justin at Blackbear the same thing and got the same answer.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

I just dont really see how it could help on a port fuel injected vehicle. One with a carb or tbi, sure. Otherwise I think it's a waste of money. I had a 3/4 inch carbon-composite tb spacer on my supercharged grand prix but that's because the blower gets so hot and transfered heat right to it. In that case it probably helped. But mine was composite...not aluminum like just about every one of them out there. They transfer heat.

- '07 Silverado Classic - 4.3, 5spd, reg. cab, short bed, 2wd, silver....Magnaflow, K&N 63series kit, Hypertech Max Energy, CFM Tech tb, 180* tstat, McGaughys 2/4 drop, 275/55-17 tires(stock painted rims), billet grill, Pioneer cd, Sony Xplod speakers/sub, 1000w Crunch amp. Jba headers and Wynjammer s/c coming soon!
    - '98 Grand Prix GTP - modded - *SOLD*

i have one, i got it for free, so it was worth a try, it brought my truck up from 19 mpg to 23mpg, and the truck will spin the tires alot longer no into 3rd. so it was worth it if i had to pay for it

if its not TBI or carbonated it will not make a difference

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)