GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Another power lock thread

I just purchased a 99 Suburban LT. The drivers and barn doors unlock with the key fob and with the door switch. The passenger and rear doors do not. I have read a combination of problems where all locks do not work or one goes out... but nothing in regards to 3 (even though it still may be the same problem). If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, There may very well be a thread with this info in it but I cant seem to find it. Thanks in advance

Welcome. I have only one lock that kinda works, and no fobs. Anything I have found in research is that the actuators go bad.
    I can't afford them yet, but I have included a link for you to look at - http://www.1aauto.com/1A/DoorLockAct...an/1ADLA00019/

These are "old stock" and may look funny, but 1aauto says they are new. I have bought other stuff from them and it worked out fine. For now, the kids unlock the doors!

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Legend

I dont have that problem on my 99 LT except in the winter the passanger rear door wont open but that is most likely because somehow condensation is getting on that lock as it only happens in sub freezing temps, but I can say that if your barn doors eventually start acting up look at the passenger side barn door in the pillar, you will see a five pin contact point, if there is any corrosion on it this will affect the rears and the rear defroster, it costs about 50 bucks for a new connector from the dealsership as I just changed mine out.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

My barn door lock quit working a few years ago. I replaced the actuator with one from 1AAuto and haven't had any problems with it since. I need to replace the actuator in the left rear door, but haven't done it yet.

On a side note, when you go to 1AAuto and select Chevy Suburban, it takes you to this page: http://www.1aauto.com/1A/-/Chevrolet/Suburban Check out the picture at the bottom of the page. I submitted a photo of my truck and they used it.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

Thanks... not that bad on the price... My wife keeps telling me that they were working when we bought it a few days ago... I keep telling her they arent now...

Had hope that someone would have said... all I had to do was change a fuse... BUT

Saw your truck Gary... looks good...

Just put in a heavy duty radiator because the old one had a tiny leak.

Is there a thread for first things you should do to your burb after purchase?

Congrats on the new purchase!

One of the first things to do...hmmm how 'bout pat yourself on the back for getting a pretty reliable, relatively easy to maintain, plenty of available parts, long lineage history, all purpose, vehicles on the road today. It aint bad lookin' either.

Of course that's my biased opinion, as is probably most others on this particular forum.
    05 Suburban LT
    02 Suburban LT
    94 Jeep Cherokee

welcome to the site
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris