GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default help may have short

OK just bought a 1988 chevy scotsdale to restore the speedodometer works fine, but the gauges are screwy, and when i hit the brakes the check gauge light comes on fluttering any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rewsi View Post
    OK just bought a 1988 chevy scotsdale to restore the speedodometer works fine, but the gauges are screwy, and when i hit the brakes the check gauge light comes on fluttering any help would be appreciated

have u takin appart the guage cluster yet? look for black or burnt spots on the circuit board you may need to replace. this happened to my monte carlo.
    2009 cobalt ss, imperial blu metallic, lsd, dejon powerhouse intake, Dejon bpv spring upgrade, Trifecta tune, clutchmasters aluminum flywheel, clutchmasters stage 1 clutch, 20% tints,

2008 avalanche ltz, imperial blue metalic, k&n cold air intake, Gibson cat back duel exhaust

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

welcome to the site

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

ok thanks i check it out

?is this a "newbodystyle"/?88....

yes everything is electronic, pulled out the cluster last night, didnt look bad no black marks. put dang thang back in and the odometer dont work now, matter of fact it wants to run in reverse that would be ok to haha

yes everything is electronic, pulled out the cluster last night, didnt look bad no black marks. put dang thang back in and the odometer dont work now, matter of fact it wants to run in reverse that would be ok to haha
    next thing i would check would be all the wires leading into the circuitboard. make sure none of them are cut or skinned. if there all good then u need a new cluster

i just bid on another cluster last night it only has 43,000 on it and guaranteed to work, so when i get it i will find out what the deal is, oh yeah my a/c was converted i bought some freon with gauge on it but the compressor wont kick on, i tested the plug on top and no power any one have any suggestions would be helpful

i just bid on another cluster last night it only has 43,000 on it and guaranteed to work, so when i get it i will find out what the deal is, oh yeah my a/c was converted i bought some freon with gauge on it but the compressor wont kick on, i tested the plug on top and no power any one have any suggestions would be helpful

make sure u put the vacuum pump on for 15 min. wait a couple of min to make sure it holds vacuum. then charge to proper lbs. if relays are good and compressor still doesn't cycle then u need a new compressor.