GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lucky... Not criticizing your daughters driving, but sadly, if she already got a speeding ticket, i suspect an accident. Seen it happen too many times.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    thats exactly why i had what i had for a first car
    haha yea, it was a little too powerful for a 16 year old....but i learned a lot from it, thats for sure...

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

Congrats!

I cant wait till I get mine.

Z06's FTW! :lol:

Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 95CTburb19 View Post
    I heard with those new focuses parents can program speed limiters into em and all kinds of crazy stuff. I was doing some work at this guy's house and his teenage daughter got in her car and drove away. About a minute later he called her up and was like "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING DRIVING 45 ON THIS ROAD" He had some kind of GPS tracking doodad where he could tell how fast she was going and where she was.
    I would've been grounded every day if my parents had that kind of technology.
    Where's the trust it that relationship? Next they'll be fitting kids with GPS microchips. I'd have been grounded too. I learned to drive in Italy with in my mother's VW Karmann Ghia. No licence, no insurance, no brakes, no permission and lots of luck!

Great ride for your daughter Adam. Isn't it fun as they grow up?
    Paul

Honda XRV750
    Honda XL1000V
    1969 Fiat 500
    1998 Suburban K1500

its true that aleast its american.
    would rather have ford over a honda or yota.

theres a girl in my class that drives that same thing. it's brand new with i think a little over 6K miles on it. she said her fuel pump went and she had brake problems. even though a ford is american, it's still a ford.

lets see, my first car was a 2006 silverado z71 with a 325 in it. i remember it like it was 2 months ago when it slipped out of my hands...
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Master Mechanic

No worries...My first car was a mitsubishi mirage then into a Chevy Cavalier. It took off from there into an S10, Colorado, Silverado...
    Congrats to her on her car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiah723 View Post
    hell of a first car!

x14,876,485

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Thanks for the replies guys, you do know this thread is 2 years old?
    Adam

Well since it's 2 years old how is it holding up?
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast