GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default My Daughter's First Ticket!!!!

Well as you know I was so proud of my Daughter and her new car yesterday, so what does she do? She hops in it this morning and proceeds to get herself her first ticket in it! If I can give any parents any advice, don't praise your kids! because as soon as you do they'll find a way to let you down. Believe me after the year we have had with our two boys my wife an I are at our wits end. When I told my wife about the ticket she started laughing and said if I don't laugh I'm going to cry. Any way, I know it's just a ticket and it's not like I didn't get 'em when I was a teenager, but boy your outlook sure changes when you are the parent! The funny thing is I kept asking her " are you sure you can afford it" and she says "oh yeah, no problem", but she didn't factor in $140 per trip!!

Please feel free to laugh it up over this one, 'cause I showed her the" new car" post so you can bet I'm going to show her this one!
    Last edited by adampaul1964; 03-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    Adam

LMAO! It's to be expected, and there will be more. I lost my license within the first year of having my license due to speeding and racing tickets, so it could be worse. Make her pay for it and at least she'll start to see some consequences of it. Hopefully she's not on your insurance....
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

i remember mine.....i was so worried about it on the way home...got there and mom had the scanner on...i had no time for a story...SHE ALREADY HEARD THE SHERIFF.......she asked for the keys as soon as i went through the door:na:....seriously though..sorryman...they gotta keep the kids safe

Reminds me of our grandmother offering us $100 if we didn't get a ticket in the first 6 months of having our liscence. My two brothers and I didn't get the $100. I think it took to the 5th grandkid.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    LMAO! It's to be expected, and there will be more. I lost my license within the first year of having my license due to speeding and racing tickets, so it could be worse. Make her pay for it and at least she'll start to see some consequences of it. Hopefully she's not on your insurance....
    She'll pay for it that's a non issue, she's pretty responsible, normally! and yes she's on my insurance but she pays her share of that too!

well... it is inevitable, i think most every one i know other than my mother has had atleast 2 tickets in their life
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Ok now I'm really bummed. I had such high hopes.

Oh well she'll probably learn from it. Its not about the ticket either, she needs to think about her safety.

Good luck

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    Ok now I'm really bummed. I had such high hopes.

Oh well she'll probably learn from it. Its not about the ticket either, she needs to think about her safety.

Good luck
    Thanks Jaime, she better learn God only gives so many wake up calls!

how fast was she going when she got it?
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

Quote Originally Posted by adidasboy918 View Post
    how fast was she going when she got it?
    56 in a 40mph zone timed by stopwatch. At least it wasn't the 128mph I do to dry off my wife's car after I wash it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by