GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stock window tint removable?

Okay, sorry for all the posts, I've decided i want to chrome my truck out, and having the black window tint, just makes it seem, awkward. So, I was wondering if I'm able to remove the stock window tint, to install this kind of tint to my truck.

Chrome Mirror Window tint. But there's a problem. Are the stock windows smoked? or tinted? If they're smoked, what do you think it would look like if i put this mirror tint behind it? Just ugly as sin? Or would it look neat?

Thanks!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

if yer windows are smoked and you put the mirror tint on it would prolly still look ok, but it would still be dark like you do not want. personally even if you are doin chrome i think it looks better to have black tint. i kinda think mirror tint is tacky, just one guys opinion though.
    1999 silverado Z71
    5% tint
    cherry bomb glasspack
    K&N intake
    2 12" kicker CVR's
    custom painted emblem
    32" BFG All Terrains

If you're talking about the rear windows in an extended cab silverado then as far as my knowledge goes no you can not remove the tint as it's not a film that was applied the glass is molded with the tint in it.
    2000 Silverado ext cab1500 Z71
    Have:
    -K&N
    -SPR-17S Fronts with 100RMS watts to each
    -Billet Grill
    -Bedliner
    -Catback Flowmaster Exhaust
    -CDA-9884 Head unit w/ iPod hookup
    -2 KFC-W3011 subs (seperate boxes 1 cu ft air space each) powered by a KAC-9104D 900 watt RMS monoblock amp
    -SPR-57C rear speakers
    -Door dings
    -Leveling kit (2.5" torsion keys)

Want:
    -6" Suspension Lift
    -35" tires (maybe 38s)
    -HID/projector headlights
    -Headers
    -Programmer/Tuner

Thank's guys, I guess I'll buy a tiny little sample roll to see what it would look like. Before i go out and splurge on the big roll. Yeah, it might look tacky, but with chrome all over the truck, it'll look nice! Well i think.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

I don't think that it looks that bad. I think of chrome tint and such more of for show trucks. I would never do it. And even if i did PA cops would have my ass along side the road in a heartbeat

People where I'm from have 5% tint on their vehicles, and the cops don't care. At night you can't even see out the back at all. That's why i was kind of hoping you could remove the back tint, because this mirror tint is 20%. Alot better then 5%.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    People where I'm from have 5% tint on their vehicles, and the cops don't care. At night you can't even see out the back at all. That's why i was kind of hoping you could remove the back tint, because this mirror tint is 20%. Alot better then 5%.

Yeah, its alot better than five. but the cops might be more inclined to pull you over with 20% mirror tint than they would for 5% smoke tint.. The mirror tinti causes distractions, and can blind people in the sunlight.. Something to think about.
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

True. Never thought of it that way. I bet the stock tint would actually help with distractions and reflections. But still remotely give it that chrome look.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

around here they're starting to get real strict on window tint, my buddy got pulled over for having 35% tint on his truck the other day. but i think it would look prety cool to have mirror tint on top of the stock tint. you should post some pics so we can see how it turns out.
    1999 silverado Z71
    5% tint
    cherry bomb glasspack
    K&N intake
    2 12" kicker CVR's
    custom painted emblem
    32" BFG All Terrains

Quote Originally Posted by red_z71 View Post
    around here they're starting to get real strict on window tint, my buddy got pulled over for having 35% tint on his truck the other day. but i think it would look prety cool to have mirror tint on top of the stock tint. you should post some pics so we can see how it turns out.
    35? seriously? i have 15all around on mine includint over the stock tint. i want to go 5, but i need a backup camera first. only bad thing about that is that the cops have been real tight on us about tint too
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast