GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: headers

Default headers

I am having a problem finding shorty headers for my truck. I have a 08 4.8 silverado and I am wanting to know where i can find a good set of headers for my truck. I am wanting to find a inexpensive set but still good power gains. I would prefer pacesetter. If you have a part number or a website i can find them it would be greatly appreciated

Do you have EGR or AIR on your truck ? What kind of truck Silverado 1500?
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

it is a 08 4.8 1500 silverado. I dont know what that other stuff you asked means.

Just my opinion but Shorty headers don't give a lot of gain for the investment. If you can't find any by surfing the net it's probably because your stock manifolds have sensors that can not be incorporated into the Shorty header. This is just a suggestion but I would call Summit Racing and talk to one of their techs. They are very helpful and can steer you in the right direction.

How many times do we read here where someone is selling something because it either doesn't fit or they are not happy with their purchase?

Jim
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

that is understandable but due to laws here i cannot put long tube headers on

Jr. Engineer

Is Texas really that strict on emissions? I don't think you can legally put long tube headers on a truck in any state because you are modifying emissions equipment, but unless you go through emissions testing they will never know. And even if you do go through emissions testing, most of them just make sure you don't have a check engine light on, so O2 simulators would fool it.
    99 Silverado Z71 4.8
    2" Suspension lift (Add-a-leafs and leveling keys)
    Long tube headers with 3" offroad Y-Pipe
    Volant Cold Air Intake with Ram Air Intake Tube
    Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor
    Diablosport Predator Tuner

Previous Truck:
    97 Suburban K1500
    3" Body lift
    2" Suspension Lift (Add-a-leafs and cranked up torsion bars)
    35" Yokohama M/T's
    K&N Intake
    Airraid Throttle Body Spacer
    Hypertech Programmer
    Dual Flowmasters

in texas they put a thing in your muffler and also they check db to make sure that your not to loud. then they look under the hood and check your exhaust piping. If you have a muffler leak or no cats or long tube headers. I dont know what the deal is here but they are strict you cant get away with ne thing. When i got my inspection done on my 03 silvy i had a lil bit of black smut on the muffler and they made me go get the welds redone before they would give me my sticker.

what a crock. im glad we dont have to go through that here.
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

same deal in cali unfortunately

IMO i would look at the gibson or dynatech. Just from what I have seen from pacesetter on other vehicles the stuff is cheap.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by