GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

This one is mine and my lil boy

www.myspace.com/teamimageracing
    www.myspace.com/brotherspolish

2002 Silverado
    5.3L
    Corvette Servo
    Spectre Air Intake
    MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires
    AC Delco Iridium Plugs
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    Alpine Head Unit
    Next Mods
    2" Lowering Shackles
    Loud Mouth Grill
    :gasp:

Dogs are as good as they are treated by their owner.

If you are just going to keep it chained to a tree outside don't bother. Dogs need to be trained and allowed
    to roam around in the backyard. So plan on fencing in the back yard or put up a large kennel with some shade area...

Also read about the breed!!!

JR

oh yeah well i did read... and plenty of it too.. all in all what ive gotten from this thread is that these dogs cant be just left in the backyard or in a tiny space... well any dog for that matter... they are a member of the family and should be treated that way. whenever i move out ill get myself one of these no matter what
    2008 NBS Silverado Z85

4.8 V8
    -8000k HIDS
    -AVS Bugflector II
    -20% tint all around
    -17x9 Moto Metal 951
    -Rough Country 2'' Leveling Kit
    -Putco Window Visors
    -Blacked out headlights (courtesy of JAKD-UP)
    -285/70/17 BF Goodrich All Terrains (minimal rubbing still) :grrrrrr:
    -Blacked out grille and both bumpers
    -Smoked taillights
    -Blue interior dome lights

"A work in progress is something every man should have"

Blog Entries

Is the proper way to spell this breed of dog "Pitbull" or "Pit Bull"? One word, or two?
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

its two words. they are great dogs. Certain dogs get bad raps for their owners. I personally like Rotts the best and they have the same kind of reputation even though they are one of the most docile breeds of dogs. We currently just have a black lab. 80lb lap dog. but he is treated as part of the family. he is outside in a big yard while we are at work and in the house when home and at night. its all in how they are raised
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

beautiful amazing dogs! passionate in all they do and mirror the personality of their owners. imo they are just like raising kids, saying all pitbulls are mean is saying all children are the same way. theyre like a sponge and soak up all they see, its 100 percent upto the owner how their personality develops. i lived with my buddy his girlfriend and their 2 pitbulls (one male, one female) for over a year and you would not believe how much these dogs were just like them! best 75 bucks you could ever spend!

Quote Originally Posted by detailjohn View Post
    Dogs are as good as they are treated by their owner.

If you are just going to keep it chained to a tree outside don't bother. Dogs need to be trained and allowed
    to roam around in the backyard. So plan on fencing in the back yard or put up a large kennel with some shade area...

Also read about the breed!!!

JR

100% agree, i got my dog when he was 3 years old ( red nose pit ) misstreaded bu the previous owner ..( i tock him with some ..well, nice talking ..lol ) he is now 7 and never forgets me and loves me with the same love my wife and i give him..he is the most calm dog i ever owned. i trained dobis in germany for the police..this one here can read my mind with out training !

Like said above, if you have time and love for him...go for it ....if you just have the slightest doubt that you will not have anytime for him..LEAVE IT !!!

The way you yell in the forrest it will echo back the same way !!!!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    100% agree, i got my dog when he was 3 years old ( red nose pit ) misstreaded bu the previous owner ..( i tock him with some ..well, nice talking ..lol ) he is now 7 and never forgets me and loves me with the same love my wife and i give him..he is the most calm dog i ever owned. i trained dobis in germany for the police..this one here can read my mind with out training !

Like said above, if you have time and love for him...go for it ....if you just have the slightest doubt that you will not have anytime for him..LEAVE IT !!!

The way you yell in the forrest it will echo back the same way !!!!
    Yep, that's it!! All animals are that way. Carbon copies of you, just like kids
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Pits are great dogs, as long as you raise them that way. It's all in how you raise them. Any dog can be an @$$hole if they are allowed to be. Treat them right, and they will treat you right.
    Jess

1991 Suburban

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I love dogs-pretty much all dogs-cats also, but they are very different animals.Phoebe passed on 5 weeks back- broke my heart- loved that dog..
    3 weeks ago we got Artemis- a 22 month old recycled greyhound.
    If you are looking for a pet-good with humans and kids-very rarely bite humans(all dogs will bite if sufficiently provoked/startled)-recycled greyhounds are good choices-very healthy-none of that hip stuff many large dogs have- almost never bite humans- no doggy odor, not much shedding, safe with kids, many safe with cats and small dogs(many not safe also-strong prey drive).They don't need a huge yard or excessive exercise- strange as it may seem they are low energy dogs- not Jack Russell terrier type dogs.They flop and sleep all day - think of them as indoor speed bumps!
    She Arty is a HUGE SQUIRREL and dumb dove chaser!

PS My wife thinks the gas "can" ruins the picture- yard looks like Tobacco Road- gas cans+ motorcycle hulks!

Pit bulls can be really sweet pets. The little people on Pit Boss manage some of the "worst" pit bulls despite being tiny-so they aren't usually man killers.
    Now they are EXTREMELY POWERFUL dogs with jaws-well just look at that HUGE head-that can't inflict severe damage- so make sure you get a "good one"
    Many POS humans own dogs that they ruin-turn into dangerous weapons.
    Humans -many- are worthless POS.
    Dogs are usually dogs-they like humans and usually defer to humans.
    Charlie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arty-2-25-1.jpg  
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA