GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default Need help with the transfer case

I have the '02 Denali and the mechanic says the transfer case is shot. I need to try to find another one for less than $1000 or a rebuild kit. Hope i'm not getting ripped off...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcheek View Post
    I have the '02 Denali and the mechanic says the transfer case is shot. I need to try to find another one for less than $1000 or a rebuild kit. Hope i'm not getting ripped off...
    Here's what I found for you and it's well under $1,000 at the time i am posting this it is $56.00 not counting shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...Q5fAccessories

check out www.car-part.com

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by Z71_guy View Post
    Nice link, I am not at all oposed to using used parts if they are still good and come off of vehicles that weren't wrecked.

also those transfer cases do go out and unfortunately they can cost quite a bit when they do. ours went out on our 2000 AWD astro and it started grinding hard core and even got to a point where it wouldn't let my wife drive it any further at one point. ours the gear the chain attached to broke loose and the chain it's self flailed around enough inside the transfer case that it busted the top out of the case it's self. ours wasn't that common of a part but thankfully we found an online friend of my wife's that worked at a junk yard and we got a replacement for $600.00 shipped to our door. Ours came off of a 2003 but it was the same and worked fine. the up side is that the 2003 that it came off of only had 32,000 miles on it when it had a tree fall on it and total it out. kinda wish now we'd have gotten the motor out of that one too, would have been nice to have put that in my son's S-10 instead of a 350 that he'll probably get into a lot of trouble with.

They say what caused it?
    02 Chevy Suburban 1500, 4:10 Difs, Stock for now.

02, CC, LB, 4x4, LB7, 145K Miles, EFI Live Tuned by Nick at Duramaxtuner, Banks Ram-Air w/ superscoop (Plate Removed), Banks Big Head, AirDog 100, Pillar Gauges, 16x8 Eagle wheels, 285 BFGs, Bilstein 5100's, Ride Rite Air Bags 5" Exhaust, 4" downpipe, Prodigy Brake Controller, Goose Neck.

02 Grand Prix GT.

Why does he say it's shot? Is there anything wrong with it, from your experience? As in not able to use 4wd, or severe grinding?
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension