GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Thank you all for the help it worked

I bought and fitted the "Transfer Case Saver" all the CLANGS in low 4x4 and 2wd reverse have gone THANKS FOR THE INFO

Now I have a new problem with my 95 sierra 1500 4x4 auto. I turn on the ignition all dash lights come on as usual but when I turn the key further to start NOTHING not even a click but all bash lights stay bright no diming it has a new battery. Its seems as if its not in park BUT IT IS .

I had that happen to me once, and what I discovered was that the positive lead to the battery had actually separated from the battery. Now, that may not be your exact problem, but I would say your problem is somehow battery related.

Jeff

Definitely battery or starter related. Clean your battery terminals with a 50/50 mix of baking soda and water and a wire brush. Also check the connections on your starter, sometimes they get caroded. If those dont work id look into a new starter.

Might wanna take your battery into an autoparts store like advanced or auto zone and have them test the battery.

Jr. Apprentice

Have a new battery and terminals all clean, Will check the starter motor terminals. i was wondering if there is a fuseable link that I shold be looking for?

Not sure what is involved in installing a transfer case saver, but is it possible something got messed up in the shift linkages? Maybe try starting it in neutral to see if that works.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by aussie453 View Post
    Have a new battery and terminals all clean, Will check the starter motor terminals. i was wondering if there is a fuseable link that I shold be looking for?

For fuses I would reccomend a repair manual and to follow the trouble shooting on the diagnostics chart. On the top of this thread there is a link to a manual. Follow that and it should help.

Jr. Apprentice

thanks again for the help . It was the starter motor . It had a burnt loom. Put in a new one now back to cruising

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by aussie453 View Post
    I bought and fitted the "Transfer Case Saver" all the CLANGS in low 4x4 and 2wd reverse have gone THANKS FOR THE INFO

Now I have a new problem with my 95 sierra 1500 4x4 auto. I turn on the ignition all dash lights come on as usual but when I turn the key further to start NOTHING not even a click but all bash lights stay bright no diming it has a new battery. Its seems as if its not in park BUT IT IS .

To try and answer your question;

It doesn't look like you have a battery issue.
    Looks like no power gets to the starter.
    1 - I would check if the starter fuse/relay is OK.
    2 - If the relay/fuse are OK, but there is no signal from ignition, you may have an issue with parking switch. The ignition may think that you are not in park/neutral, which prevents you from starting.

Now to a question of my own... Can you tell me a bit more about this transfer case saver? Where to get and what it does?
    I have a nasty clank when shifting to reverse...

Thanks!

Jr. Apprentice

Yes I got one through www.drivetrain.com it replaces the ring on the shaft that always cracks or breaks . If you go to the site they show an original one and the replacement one which is much stronger. They even have a cut away showing how to fit it .Easy job

Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Great site. Thanks.
    Paul

Honda XRV750
    Honda XL1000V
    1969 Fiat 500
    1998 Suburban K1500