GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Well to be honest I don't really care for them. I ran a couple on my 1st Rams( 94 & 97 )but then stopped because I didn't really like them and they didn't work as well as advertised( like some here have mentioned ). However, I am going to have to run one on my 07 NBS.

The design of the front of the hood is even taller and more blunt/flat than the GMT800 HD dome style hoods. I know guys who had their NBS this past winter and the front of their hoods took a major beating. I have only had my NBS 2 months and only have a little over 2K on it and already I have 2 chips on the front of my hood. So I will have to run a deflector even if it is JUST to protect the front of the hood.

I will run this one from EGR...

Oh, and ventvisors are a must!

Washed the truck on the weekend, found like 4 decent chips on my hood, def. going out and buying one on the weekend, the canadian tire down the street has them on sale for like 22 bucks and there the bugshield brand name ones, although i may look into one thats branded with a chev logo like that egr one above

22 bucks I bought one today paid $160 for it
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

one came on my truck 03 silverado ext cab ls and i think they look nice im still trying to figure out what all it is supposed to do.. but it does protect the edge of the hood thats about all ive noticed.. but i think they cosmetically look good..

I live in maine and the weather is not that great, my grandfather had a bug guard on his 91 sierra which is still in mint running condition now, and wet leaves and such would get caught under it and it eventually ruined the paint underneath, i would rather just take the 5 minutes to use a little bug remover.

I bought a weathertech bug shield. However, I lost one screw (dropped into the front of the engine compartment) and so the kind folks at weatherguard are sending me a new installation kit. Like a fool, I started up the engine after the screw dropped - but all is well.
    Last edited by dahnoo; 06-25-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: correction
    Dave N.
    2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab - Short Bed 2004 Arctic Fox 26X (not towed as of yet)

Default Bugshield

i have 2000 Silverado CENTURION addition. it came with all blows and whistles possible at that year, including CENTURION bugshield. i guess it's working awright as a bug shield, but i wouldn't ever call it a rockchip protector, as hood has way too many of those and few nasty ones on the windshield. but lookswise it does add some appeal.
    i had rainshileds, or whatever they call those plastic pieces, installed on windows for practicality reasons - leave the windows cracked down, and it cools the car, ventilates it, does not allow moisture to condensate inside, allows nice airflow through the cabin while driving.

vent visors are a must
    Jeff - Maine

2007 Silverado Classic V6 4.3L Vortec 4X4

I bought the GM color matched bug guard and the $%(#@&$ wouldn't stay on my truck and the engineer who designed it should be shot. I've had two of them and both have parts that GM's supplier screwed up because they wound't thread to save their lives...................... I'm mad...... Screw it i'll just repaint my hood in a few years, good thing my buddies friend owns a Dodge dealership with a body shop!

Anyone else have a problem with GM's bug guard?
    2007 Z71 crew cab
    5.3 liter
    Line-x
    Stainless Nerf Bars (westin)
    Magnaflow Stainless Exhaust tip
    Exhaust, headers, intake and supercharger ASAP

I have AVS bugshield and ventvisors. I really like both of them. they dont ever fall off, easy to put on, look good and actually work, especially the ventvisors. just my .02
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by