GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just curious....how many guys on here actually work for GM, while we are talking about this. Maybe I should start a new thread.
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Good point Steve, seems big oil and big auto aren't exactly bringing in similar amounts. If there ever was an agreement, I have a feeling there isn't anymore

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4x4
    - 17" Avalanche Wheels
    - 2 10" Premier Comp Subs/custom Subthump box
    - Some scrapes, scratches, dents, creases, and bends!

Getting back on point ...

It looks like the Obama administration may have wanted to get the boldholders to make more concessions and the bondholders wanted the unions to make more concessions too, but the Obama administration is more likely to favor the union workers, so they put the squeeze on Wagoner in the middle as they have a pro-union bias.

The good news is that Chevy truck sales are still plentiful enough so there are enough to help Obama move back to Chicago in January 2013.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Blog Entries

The Obama administration should make it fair. If they ousted Wagoner because he asked for aid then any other company that asked for aid should have there CEO resign also.

Just to put fairness into the mix.

But no let the other companies still hand out bonuses and take coorperate trips with our bailout money. If i ask to have help with my mortgage will the Obama regime make me quit my job too.

There are companies that are take drastic measures though. Stanley morgan will not be buying any new coorperate jets until they pay back the bailout money. Way to sacrifice guys.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

This administration makes me sick and I have to wonder how much farther it will go. With all this pushing of limits to grow government control and reach and we're not even half way through the first year!
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Unfortunately for Rick Waggoner he was forced into a position of bringing this upon himself, the old letting the camels nose under the tent flap, next thing ya know the camels sleeping in your bed.
    GM went to Washington for a bailout, how could they not know Washington wasnt gonna leave them hands off to resume buisness as they saw fit?
    While I dont like Washington dictating or being able to dictate buisness to a company they became a major shareholder when the deal was struck. And like any shareholder they want to stick their hand in the mix to ensure their investment is sound. And they had better look out for that investment because the money doesnt belong to Washington it belongs to all of us, and if this is mishandled in any way there will be a reckoning at the next election.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12