GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

Hey I haven't posted anything on here in a while, because I just moved to Minnesota. Now I'm in Plymouth, MN, just got my tags yesterday (of course the 'support our troops' plates).

Best wishes,
    Chris
    2004 Tahoe Z71, 5.3L V8, 115k miles

Eden prairie.
    2002 Gmc sierra
    5.3 v8 1500
    k&n air intake
    20inch liquidmetal dyno 6's
    xlerator dual exhaust.

Duluth MN!
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Jr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

I live in Southern Minnesota. Since I am on here, have any of you heard of redwood auto sales in Red Wood Falls? I bought a vehicle from them and they said they were giving me such a good deal on it because the starter sounded bad. We were assured the started would work for a long time even if the starter sounded bad. I agreed to take it that way. Two days later the 2000 Tahoe z71 had a major coolant leak and i got stranded becuase the starter gave out. I was stuck in Hutchinson for over half a day with my family. I tried to cal tim from the dealership and all I got was the answering machine. I did manage to get it home, got the starter out and found one of the starter bolts had broken off up in the block. I replaced the starter with used one cause the other started had been ground down by the ring gear. Anyway, I tried to get into contact with Tim about the vehicle to see if he would stand by his product. After I made many phone calls and sent several email messages We were assured that every thing would work just fine after I got the starter fixed. Again after multiple phone calls and email messages and After leaving 4 additional phone messages several emails and more phone calls (in a two week period) I finally got a call back. they agreed to give me 140.00 to help pay for the starter. about a week afterthat I noticed a brake fluid leak by the left rear wheel. I took off the wheel and brake drum and the brake shoes and parts literaly fell out of the drum onto the floor. The wheel bearing had come out and toasted the axle and the damaged the pumpkin so now I have to spend another 800.00 to replace the whole rear end. $450.00 for the part the rest is labor. Very frustrating. Just a warning, if you ever buy something from this guy, check it over and over and over again. I have a feeling they may have known about the problems but I cannot prove that. I will never buy a vehicle from the guy again. I would probably have felt different but he never returned my calls untill I was calling everyday, sometimes twice a day. even when I did get to talk to somebody it was his mechanic and Tim, they guy I made the purchase from, never did talk to me again.

Jr. Apprentice

I am from Sauk Rapids hello all

For the below quote there was the old racetrack in Sauk Rapids that has had a few mudruns and a few private ones also a few clubs to join around my area but most of the time i find my mudruns on another website that I seem to spend most of my time on

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyboy350 View Post
    So do any of you guy actually wheel... possablly at the iron range, Hillman's mudfest, or Howies mud bog ? those are all up your way murdog.... if so what are some of the good spots around minnesota you have been

Hello everyone. I'm in Hastings. I'm hoping to find some ideas on customizing a 99 Sub 4x4. I am wanting to tighten up the steering so that it feels like my GMC 2500 and modify the suspension to reduce body roll.

Up in Duluth, where 4x4 isn't a luxurie...it's a nescesity.

Elk River here, for about 10 years now

There are a bunch of us from MN

originally from minnesota, near Rochester, plan is to go back there again after the Army.

virginia is just temporary

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by